Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If PSG illegally tried to take Ben Arfa off us in January, got injured then was pictured at their games cheering them on would people be annoyed?

I know they didn't try to illegally take him but fairly certain he's been to watch PSG this season (albeit not pictured cheering).

If PSG illegally tried to take Ben Arfa off us in January, got injured then was pictured at their games cheering them on would people be annoyed?

I know they didn't try to illegally take him but fairly certain he's been to watch PSG this season (albeit not pictured cheering).

That's the point though isn't it? San Larenzo and his father behaved disgustingly, treating us with contempt. Now our captain, someone we have supported as fans and paid very well as a club is in their crowd cheering them on.

This whlle we are in the midst of highs and lows as a club. I think a captain should be there for guidance and support as old fashioned as that may sound. Instead he is back home giving that to the club who were trying to fuck us over a couple of months back.

Just doesn't sit right with me.

Guest palnese

He could've left us as a legend. Now he's just another player leaving.

Still the greatest defender I've ever watched in B&W.

If he's been allowed to go home for a bit then he can do whatever he wants whilst he's there. I'd obviously be p*ssed off if he was staying there against our wishes but that seemingly isn't the case. He's only doing what Hatem does when he's injured.

This.

If he's well enough to support San Lorenzo from the stand then he's well enough to support the team that pays his fucking wages from the stands. As long a he's under contract then we should be his priority, just hope Llambias and Ashley dig their heels in a bit this summer and get something out of SL when he, inevitably, moves back there this summer. 

I'm a bit confused with all this.  Didn't someone say they saw Colo's son outside SJP last week?  I would have expected him to take his kids with him especially if his wife is in Argentina but if they are still here, he must intend to come back soon.

Don't see the problem.

I'm just not happy with this club "policy" of letting our players get treated somewhere else or for their national teams to decide whether they're fit or not. (Cabaye)

They're our players and we should be the ones treating them.

A few acting like battered wives in here, it's not the same as Ben Arfa going away for treatment as Ben Arfa isn't clearly off somewhere else shortly.  Coloccini's been treating us (his employers) like muppets for a number of months and Ronaldo's right in saying that he doesn't really give a fuck at this point.  It's sad, it's annoying but the guy's been a great professional for us and seems to be finished doing that and is now acting like a cunt.  £80k a week and this is what you get in the end when he's decided he can't be arsed with it anymore.  Pretty depressing.

Don't see the problem.

I'm just not happy with this club "policy" of letting our players get treated somewhere else or for their national teams to decide whether they're fit or not. (Cabaye)

In regards to the International thing, aren't we obligated to let the national team doctors asses them? Agree to some extent on just letting our players go elsewhere for treatment mind.

Don't see the problem.

In regards to the International thing, aren't we obligated to let the national team doctors asses them? Agree to some extent on just letting our players go elsewhere for treatment mind.

Don't know, but fair enough if that's the case.

A few acting like battered wives in here, it's not the same as Ben Arfa going away for treatment as Ben Arfa isn't clearly off somewhere else shortly.  Coloccini's been treating us (his employers) like muppets for a number of months and Ronaldo's right in saying that he doesn't really give a fuck at this point.  It's sad, it's annoying but the guy's been a great professional for us and seems to be finished doing that and is now acting like a cunt.  £80k a week and this is what you get in the end when he's decided he can't be arsed with it anymore.  Pretty depressing.

Part of me thinks 'Colo owes us nothing', having stuck around to get us back up, and then played a vital role in us consolidating our position in the Premier League again. After his abysmal first season, he's been a tremendous servant to us.

It's just depressing, as you say, that he's seemingly lost all interest. There's nothing wrong with a footballer having his own team - that's life - but it's incredibly insensitive given the context: the tapping up business, the fact that he's club captain, his wages, and the current minor turmoil at his own club.

He should be pretty red-faced but, as we've gathered, he clearly just doesn't give a shit any more.

Mind you - all that is on the pretence that he is on some 'recovery mission' back home. Which I don't think is the case. And that puts him in an even worse light.

Part of me thinks 'Colo owes us nothing', having stuck around to get us back up, and then played a vital role in us consolidating our position in the Premier League again. After his abysmal first season, he's been a tremendous servant to us.

It's just depressing, as you say, that he's seemingly lost all interest. There's nothing wrong with a footballer having his own team - that's life - but it's incredibly insensitive given the context (the tapping up business, the fact that he's club captain, his wages and the current minor turmoil at his own club).

He should be pretty red-faced but, as we've gathered, he clearly just doesn't give a shit any more.

If someone paid me £80k a week I'd do whatever the fuck they wanted, I'd be fully committed, I'd work anywhere in the world.

The guy just seems like a dickhead now, can't be arsed with it and would rather he just cleared off.  And again, that's meant to be our captain.

Sticking with us through relegation = :thup:

Would he have gotten anywhere near the wages if he moved elsewhere =  :undecided:

I don't think his performances were nearly as bad as sometimes remembered but they certainly weren't going to have clubs desperately chasing him. We sold Bassong for £8m iirc, there is no way Ashley would have turned down that sort of offer for Colo at the time and I'm not sure Colo wouldn't have turned down Spurs if given the choice either.

So yeah, he stayed with us but whether he was receiving attractive offers is a different kettle of fish.

I'm not going to lie and pretend this would have ever come into my thoughts if this saga hadn't of happened btw.

Yeah, I don't put any value on him staying with us when we were relegated, I do put value on him knuckling down and becoming the leader of the club thereafter,

A lot of that's out of the window now though, I'm not angry with him or anything - he can just fuck off. :lol:

Was unimaginable to lose him a few months ago, now I'm quite keen to see the back of him.