Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Don't think we'll see him on the park again. Had a hunch with the way he subbed himself against Soton, walking all around the Gallowgate rather than going directly to the bench.

Hope I'm wrong obviously. 

Colos last season here has been a shambles to be fair. Top top player when his attitude and body are in good condition. This season he's played maybe 2 good games and has been pretty unprofessional in dealing with his issues as club captain. Think it will be best if we move on from Captain Colo next season.

Based on this seasons performances he's easily replaced. We've a better captain ready as well in Cabaye.

'easily replaced'?

If we find and bring in another Colo quality player I'd be both impressed and delighted. Seems far from an easy ask to me.

He looks like he's already been replaced on the pitch with MYM, and in terms of captain Cabaye is a better candidate anyway. We now just need a body to replace him, for example Douglas on a free would be ideal and we'd be a better team for it going in to the future.

Colo of last season was irreplaceable, he's not that player anymore, so we go off what he offers this season, and it's a huge step down.

If he is out until May we have 3 games left and it would be harsh/stupid to drop MYM or Taylor if they are playing well/not injured. Plus with Colo being out for 2 months whilst already wanting to go back I think his love will be lost so won't be pushing to get back for a few last games.

Shame it looks like it's ending like this. It does soften the blow a little that he had a few iffy moments this season and didn't look the immense player he was last. Still feels like we are going to lose a valuable player for fuck all.

If he is out until May we have 3 games left and it would be harsh/stupid to drop MYM or Taylor if they are playing well/not injured. Plus with Colo being out for 2 months whilst already wanting to go back I think his love will be lost so won't be pushing to get back for a few last games.

Shame it looks like it's ending like this.

yep- felt he would get his move in the summer- unforseeable tho and he can at least hold his head up he didnt run away like he was going to.

yep- felt he would get his move in the summer- unforseeable tho and he can at least hold his head up he didnt run away like he was going to.

Not sure about holding his head up, if he did run away he would no doubt have to pay us a hell of a lot of money. At the moment it feels like he/his father/that club are all going to win out of this even if they had to wait half a season.

Not sure about holding his head up, if he did run away he would no doubt have to pay us a hell of a lot of money. At the moment it feels like he/his father/that club are all going to win out of this even if they had to wait half a season.

well maybe- but it was a genuine injury tho? not just fucking offski

I do believe it was a genuine injury but I think the fucking off was just delayed after talks and basically finding out how much this fucking off (breaching contract) would cost.

Tbh I hope we fight it in the summer as well, if he wants to leave so much he can pay what he is entitled to. If he played shite and we just wanted to offload him we couldn't just say "sorry Colo, we're not going to pay you any more because we don't want you".

Would like to know what's going on behind closed doors because as it stands I've lost a lot of respect for him and won't look at him as an ex-NUFC player anywhere near as fondly as I do many with a tenth of the talent who have played for us.  Nowt to do with the injury stuff, just the fact that one day he was ours and the next he was off.

Can't see him playing for us again tbh :(

My dream is before he leaves we get to the EL final and Colo comes back and gives a MOTM performance and holds the trophy aloft with Cabaye  :megusta:

My dream is Taylor jumping in front of and mimicking captain Cabaye stopping him from picking up our trophy. Don't want Colo walking back in Terry style to get the plaudits before he fucks off.

In regards to Colo not giving a shit, when he has played I certainly don't think he has shown that. He certainly hasn't lacked effort even if he does make the odd mistake.

That said his silence in January has hurt, it was a complete circus and he could have cleared it up but he didn't say a word apart from a letter to the poor San Lorenzo fans basically apologising for not going. He would have a lot more respect from me if he publicly told the club/his father to shut the fuck up then tried to negotiate an amicable release either in January or the summer. Either way he still needs to realise he is under a contract that is in place to protect both parties and you can't just fuck it off because things have gotten a bit difficult.

As I said if we just decided we weren't going to honour his contract any more and he wanted to stay he/his agent would have rightfully sued the fuck out of us.

I don't think he gives a shit.

:lol: About what I think?  Probs not.

Nah, it does appear so like.  Been a strange episode and a sour ending to his time at the club.

Nah dude, I just meant in general. I don't think he gives a shit anymore.

Can't see him playing for us again tbh :(

My dream is before he leaves we get to the EL final and Colo comes back and gives a MOTM performance and holds the trophy aloft with Cabaye  :megusta:

My dream is Taylor jumping in front of and mimicking captain Cabaye stopping him from picking up our trophy. Don't want Colo walking back in Terry style to get the plaudits before he f***s off.

In regards to Colo not giving a s***, when he has played I certainly don't think he has shown that. He certainly hasn't lacked effort even if he does make the odd mistake.

That said his silence in January has hurt, it was a complete circus and he could have cleared it up but he didn't say a word apart from a letter to the poor San Lorenzo fans basically apologising for not going. He would have a lot more respect from me if he publicly told the club/his father to shut the f*** up then tried to negotiate an amicable release either in January or the summer. Either way he still needs to realise he is under a contract that is in place to protect both parties and you can't just f*** it off because things have gotten a bit difficult.

Didn't think about that, agreed 100% :thup: