Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I seem to recall Good having a pretty solid game when he last played for us, so he'll be a canny last resort at least.

As a sub against Morecambe? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/ap8ZeJ0.png

It's obviously just my opinion of his performance against a lower league side but I remember thinking he had good positioning and potential when watching the full game. Like I said, he could turn out to be a canny last resort, but we'll soon find out if injuries pile up eh?

I'm not really sure what all the panicking is over. Every club is going to have to deal with injuries and at least we've got three other fairly competent CB's who can step in. Also laughable that Colo's now being written off as a crock because he's had a couple of injuries in the past 12 months. It might have nothing to do with his age for all we know.

:thup:

There was no way we were buying another CB when Colo was staying in the summer. We also have decent cover there with four senior CBs in the squad. There are not many teams in the league who have more than four CBs in their squad and I can't see how we can blame Kinnear and Ashley for our CB depth. Just have to hope that the remaining three can put up solid displays.

He wasn't aware Tiote was so deep. That was a mistake in itself. It's not like Debuchy or someone was playing Suarez onside. Tiote was behind MYM.

But anyway.. his reading of the game isn't very poor. It's just not a significant strength. The pace to recover from any small mistake in reading however is. And it's not a bad thing, it wasn't until their late 20's and early 30's that Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand learned to become excellent readers of the game.

Tiote was behind him because he was labouring forward after going down with a knock in our box and thus being behind. It's no surprise it came as a bit of shock given the ball had long gone from that area.

Guest palnese

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well fucking done.

I'm not really sure what all the panicking is over. Every club is going to have to deal with injuries and at least we've got three other fairly competent CB's who can step in. Also laughable that Colo's now being written off as a crock because he's had a couple of injuries in the past 12 months. It might have nothing to do with his age for all we know.

There was no way we were buying another CB when Colo was staying in the summer. We also have decent cover there with four senior CBs in the squad. There are not many teams in the league who have more than four CBs in their squad and I can't see how we can blame Kinnear and Ashley for our CB depth. Just have to hope that the remaining three can put up solid displays.

Agree with that, it's just when it's Colo who's out that we appear so exposed. Any of the other three and it hardly raises a discussion.

He is still our single most important player imo and you have to look back no further than the end of last season to see that.

We will miss him on Sunday in a fixture that he was at his imperious best in last season.

He wasn't aware Tiote was so deep. That was a mistake in itself. It's not like Debuchy or someone was playing Suarez onside. Tiote was behind MYM.

But anyway.. his reading of the game isn't very poor. It's just not a significant strength. The pace to recover from any small mistake in reading however is. And it's not a bad thing, it wasn't until their late 20's and early 30's that Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand learned to become excellent readers of the game.

Tiote was behind him because he was labouring forward after going down with a knock in our box and thus being behind. It's no surprise it came as a bit of shock given the ball had long gone from that area.

Tiote cleared the ball and is meant to be in-front of MYM. Suarez and the player on the ball (Gerrard?) knew where Tiote was.

Tiote cleared the ball and is meant to be in-front of MYM. Suarez and the player on the ball (Gerrard?) knew where Tiote was.

Surprising that given that they were facing that way because they were attacking that end.

We very nearly signed one we tracked for the best part of two seasons and who both Pardew and Carr agreed could be a valuable addition to our squad. When our esteemed DoF pulled the plug on that deal single handedly he hinted at knowing we needed another centre back and thinking he could do better. Now I am aware Kinnear is full of s***, but I do believe that for his intervention we would have signed Douglas regardless of whether Colo was staying or going. Rightly so too, because despite having four senior centre backs on our books, one had his mind set on leaving and has been suffering more and more niggling injuries recently, one has been injury prone and blunder prone for years, one has been proven to be not very good at this level and the remaining one was still settling in.

We very nearly signed one we tracked for the best part of two seasons and who both Pardew and Carr agreed could be a valuable addition to our squad. When our esteemed DoF pulled the plug on that deal single handedly he hinted at knowing we needed another centre back and thinking he could do better. Now I am aware Kinnear is full of s***, but I do believe that for his intervention we would have signed Douglas regardless of whether Colo was staying or going. Rightly so too, because despite having four senior centre backs on our books, one had his mind set on leaving and has been suffering more and more niggling injuries recently, one has been injury prone and blunder prone for years, one has been proven to be not very good at this level and the remaining one was still settling in.

I don't think we can carry five CBs in our squad. Out of those five Willy is the only one who wouldn't mind being the fourth choice. He hasn't been very great but he's totally fine as a fourth choice. So I believe that if Douglas would've joined we would've needed to get rid of either Colo, MYM or Taylor. MYM maybe could've been played at FB but we aren't exactly short of players there either.

There seemed to be some confusion about whether Carr rated Douglas that highly though. Yes there were stories that Kinnear pulled the deal, but there was also a suggestion afterwards that Carr had misgivings about him as well. Have you seen Douglas play, and would you say we should have signed him on the basis of what you've seen?

Call me crazy but i actually think Williamson suits MYM very well and vice versa.

This is based on nothing but each others strengths and weaknesses and the believe they compliment each other well.

MYM has pace, aggression and likes to drive out the back.

Williamson for all his faults has some key traits which bounce off well with someone like MYM IMO.... he's a good leader, he realises his weaknesses so won't venture too far from his position allowing him to mop up behind MYM and is quite good in the air.

I would actually look for those traits in a MYM partner long term tbh, except look for a lot more athleticism and technical ability. Although the latter doesn't matter so much just make sure its better than Williamson's is as he does give the ball away far too much.

There seemed to be some confusion about whether Carr rated Douglas that highly though. Yes there were stories that Kinnear pulled the deal, but there was also a suggestion afterwards that Carr had misgivings about him as well. Have you seen Douglas play, and would you say we should have signed him on the basis of what you've seen?

Douglas was fantastic at Twente for a few consecutive seasons, but my brother in law, who is a season ticket holder, told me he wasn't great shakes in his last season, when he was running down his contract to leave on a free. Hard to say if he would have definitely been a success in the Premiership, but from what I've seen he certainly had the attributes to succeed. On a free, I would have said it was a no brainer.

Not seen a hint of aggression from MYM, like. Easier to be aggressive against French forwards, like.

What i mean by aggression is he's more likely to push out and attack the ball getting close to the player on the ball while Williamson will never do that but instead sit deeper and clean up behind.

He did that quite a lot against Villa and until his sending off against Liverpool he would consistently do that against Suarez.

He's not aggressive at all in the air though.

Call me crazy but i actually think Williamson suits MYM very well and vice versa.

This is based on nothing but each others strengths and weaknesses and the believe they compliment each other well.

Williamson for all his faults has some key traits which bounce off well with someone like MYM IMO.... he's a good leader, he realises his weaknesses so won't venture too far from his position allowing him to mop up behind MYM and is quite good in the air.

I would actually look for those traits in a MYM partner long term tbh, except look for a lot more athleticism and technical ability. Although the latter doesn't matter so much just make sure its better than Williamson's is as he does give the ball away far too much.

Very much my thoughts - was thinking before the sending off that MYM + Willo could actually be pretty good partnership. We need to sign a CB with experience being a vocal leader & organizer, with strength in the air and can handle your Benteke/Lukaku type CFs.

But good post Mole, mostly agree with everything you've said there. Think their partnership is actually worth looking into until we sign the right partner for MYM long term.

Would love to go AWOL on work and just hang out with my family in Tampa. FFS, I deserve that right? For the commitment I give to the company that pays me. They owe me, I mean, I come in to work everyday and work hard. I should absolutely be able to go home when I'm feeling that is what I need.

Would love to go AWOL on work and just hang out with my family in Tampa. FFS, I deserve that right? For the commitment I give to the company that pays me. They owe me, I mean, I come in to work everyday and work hard. I should absolutely be able to go home when I'm feeling that is what I need.

Knack your leg and you'll probably get some time off sick if you're allowed that in America.