Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Howaythetoon

Ron was sticking up for Colo during his first season where he was fucking shit to be honest, there is no agenda here like. He speaks his mind and says what he sees, I just wish more posters did the same instead of fannying on with trying to keep a level headed reputation or sitting on the fence. I slagged Colo rotten during his first season, but he has since won me over to the point where now, he has become the best CB I've seen for us. Today, however, he isn't quite that same player and as a Captain, he is poor to say the least. He leads by example in many ways, but I feel as our most experienced player, most expensive player and one of our longest serving, he could be a better leader.

He ain't finished though as a player and he is still our most important player, first name on the team-sheet for me when fit.

Think if Pardew had done the right thing and played MYM instead of Taylor then Colo wouldn't be walking straight back in. I just don't understand what's happened with MYM, he played well in Colo's last absence and that incredible clearance against Spurs showed more heart for the cause than Steven bloody Taylor ever has.

Willo's been in decent form and if Taylor isn't playing he whinges like a bairn and his agent goes running to the press.  MYM doesn't seem like the kind of person to kick up a fuss so I think Pardew finds it easier to drop him.