Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Quakers Fans Urged to Buy Newcastle Tickets Early

12th July 2011 04:33

Darlington and Newcastle United supporters are being urged to buy tickets for Friday’s pre-season friendly in advance, with a big crowd expected.

United have already sold 3,600 tickets for the friendly at the Northern Echo Arena, which kicks off at 7.45pm, while the Blue Square Bet Premier hosts have sold almost 1,000.

Supporters are asked to buy their tickets as early as possible, with a big walk-up also expected on the evening.

“We’re expecting a huge walk-up on the night so it promises to be a big crowd,” said Darlington general manager Alan Murray.

“We’re strongly advising fans of both teams to buy tickets in advance where necessary, or if they’re buying on the night to get here in good time.

“The kick-off will not be moved in any circumstances, so those who do leave it to the last minute risk missing the start of the game.”

Darlington season ticket holders can buy tickets for all three pre-season friendlies – against Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland – for the price of two, as long as they’re purchased by 4pm on Friday (July 15th).

Admission for each game is £10 adults and £5 concessions, but fans with a 2011/12 season ticket can buy one ticket for all three for just £20 (£10 concessions).

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=5022

Would help if Darlington actually sold tickets for this match on their website.

Guest The_Optimistic

Looking forward to this, I work in Seaham so will be going straight from work, is there anywhere to go for a pint?

Quakers Fans Urged to Buy Newcastle Tickets Early

12th July 2011 04:33

Darlington and Newcastle United supporters are being urged to buy tickets for Friday’s pre-season friendly in advance, with a big crowd expected.

United have already sold 3,600 tickets for the friendly at the Northern Echo Arena, which kicks off at 7.45pm, while the Blue Square Bet Premier hosts have sold almost 1,000.

Supporters are asked to buy their tickets as early as possible, with a big walk-up also expected on the evening.

“We’re expecting a huge walk-up on the night so it promises to be a big crowd,” said Darlington general manager Alan Murray.

“We’re strongly advising fans of both teams to buy tickets in advance where necessary, or if they’re buying on the night to get here in good time.

“The kick-off will not be moved in any circumstances, so those who do leave it to the last minute risk missing the start of the game.”

Darlington season ticket holders can buy tickets for all three pre-season friendlies – against Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland – for the price of two, as long as they’re purchased by 4pm on Friday (July 15th).

Admission for each game is £10 adults and £5 concessions, but fans with a 2011/12 season ticket can buy one ticket for all three for just £20 (£10 concessions).

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=5022

Would help if Darlington actually sold tickets for this match on their website.

Talking to a Darlo fan the day and he reckons that the turn out wont be as good as they are expecting.  He said alot of them are pissed at the club because they arent telling the fans anything to the point where they dont know what their new shirt looks like.

Looking forward to this, I work in Seaham so will be going straight from work, is there anywhere to go for a pint?

Last time i went , all the toon fans were in Hogans just outside the train station.

The ground is a canny distance from there.

Last time i went , all the toon fans were in Hogans just outside the train station.

Aye but ill be parking near there and its canny for people getting off the train . Its only a 20 minute walk like.

Guest stumonkseatonmagpies

Aye but ill be parking near there and its canny for people getting off the train . Its only a 20 minute walk like.

Last time i went we went to Hogans and as far as i can recall there was loads off taxis outside like

Stu

PS what time are people planning on getting to darlo for?

Last time i went we went to Hogans and as far as i can recall there was loads off taxis outside like

Stu

PS what time are people planning on getting to darlo for?

i'm getting the 6pm train after work.  couple of pints in Hogans then walk up to the ground.  There's another bar (canny big with beer garden) halfway from the station to the ground,  if its a nice night may go there instead.  By the time i'm served in Hogans i'd have  been able to walk to the other pub!!

How many tickets have been sold already?

Box office wouldn't/couldn't tell mebut she said there was more than enough available for the door. Apparently they can't do it unless there is a large quantity left. I guess they have to return them to the home club at some point instead of selling them within the box office and club shops (I'm guessing they'll be Darlo issued tickets not NUFC) - if it was a small quantity they must normally buy them and take a hit of not sold.

On a different note, where do people suggest parking? I've not got my ticket yet so will be aiming to get down for 6-6:30.

Guest bondedcrown

Dont know if its still there but the Copper Beech on Neasham Road not too far from stadium or Ceveland Bridge social Club next door (me fatha took me for me first pint on me eighteenth )

How many tickets have been sold already?

From the article posted earlier in this thread.

"United have already sold 3,600 tickets for the friendly at the Northern Echo Arena, which kicks off at 7.45pm, while the Blue Square Bet Premier hosts have sold almost 1,000."