Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Guest icemanblue

Someone on FB is gloating about himself being on the pitch.  Should I report him.....

What a fucking bellend, man.

God I was fucking joking, arse twat.

Reported.

Simply running on the field is a criminal offence. You cant say the police should just turn a blind eye. It interrupted the game, players left the field. It wasn't a minor incident and to play it down as such is wrong.

I expect the club (who sound very p*ssed off) to push for prosecutions. Expect one of those mug shot double page spreads in the chronicle this week.

They either turn a blind eye to it, or stick to consistency. Which includes the few thousand on the pitch when we won the Championship at Plymouth, the pitch invasion at Crawley in the FA Cup this season, Survival Sunday relegation etc etc. Why haven't we seen prosecutions there? Don't cite the violence as the difference as its irrelevant in this argument because the majority of that 500 didn't have anything to do with it. If they'd get charged for just running on the pitch, why don't we see it elsewhere?

From the various angles and footage (both editorial and mobile phone that I have seen), it was a few stupid kids and drunken idiots who ran onto the pitch for a 'laugh'. There was a few bad bust-ups but it was really no worse than the majority of 'pitch invasions'. Ban/charge the idiots involved in the violence and move on I say.

Guest neesy111

Someone on FB is gloating about himself being on the pitch.  Should I report him.....

i cant believe the over reaction on here to a few hundred people running on the pitch, ffs get over it lads. :lol:

Eh, just the fact NUFC are the laughing joke of the footballing world again, new players clearly looked unimpressed by it and the club is likely to be fined if the referee's report criticizes us as a club.  Also gives the press another excuse to have a go at us NUFC fans as well.

:lol:

One day neesy will for-fill his dream of becoming the editor of the Daily Mail, working hard with his Chief Writer Colocho.

You could not be further away from the truth.

i cant believe the over reaction on here to a few hundred people running on the pitch, ffs get over it lads. :lol:

Eh, just the fact NUFC are the laughing joke of the footballing world again, new players clearly looked unimpressed by it and the club is likely to be fined if the referee's report criticizes us as a club.  Also gives the press another excuse to have a go at us NUFC fans as well.

One day neesy will for-fill his dream of becoming the editor of the Daily Mail, working hard with his Chief Writer Colocho.

It's fulfil not for-fill. O0

Guest BooBoo

Johnny- we probably do see it elsewhere. If you run on the pitch and get physically restrained by the police you'll be arrested and charged. The reason more don't get done is generally:

A) the police are overwhelmed in numbers and most fans just jump back into the stands.

B) Difficulties in identifying those on the pitch from CCTV. Unless they are known trouble makers the police are aware of, it's almost impossible to identify people.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's fulfil not for-fill. O0

So it is!  :colo:

Guest Haris Vuckic

You lot rioted when Sami Ameobi scored a goal in a pre-season friendly at Darlington? Class. :lol:

The pitch invasion is class and good crack - if the numbers are a bit less and there's no fighting. It wouldn't have even made the news if there was no battling.

I seem to remember people on the pitch when Shola scored against Hartlepool, funniest thing is Sammy was only on the pitch for two minutes before he scored - he puts Ranger to shame with his effort and ability,

Never seen as many drunken charvers at a game as there was last night. There was a lot of families there last night too. Some with kids attending their 1st game probably, and for some, after the way things turned out that will be their last unfortunately. It wasn't just what happened at the game. The atmosphere in the station and on the train back was bad. There were lads with bloodied knuckles talking about the scrapes they'd been in.

This game had all the ingredients for it to go wrong. Local, cheap to get to, and a rare chance for some of the younger fans, who don't usually get to away games to get tickets.

Let's hope the same crowd aren't going to Leeds or i fear the worst.

You lot rioted when Sami Ameobi scored a goal in a pre-season friendly at Darlington? Class. :lol:

Think it's just about the only noteworthy thing to happen in Darlo in the last Century.

Which is one more thing than what has happened in Hartlepool. :dontknow:

Pitch invasions have occurred many times in college football.  One of the most famous was the Cal-Stanford pitch invasion by the Stanford band.  They went on the field to celebrate Stanford's impending victory.  The only catch was that the game was not over.  Stanford kicked it off and Cal returned it for a game-winning touchdown. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Can see us not arranging any local friendlies in future mind.

It's a shame like. Close to home for the fans, big cash for darlo, first game/away game for the kids etc etc and some people feel the need to fight.

It's darlo for crying out loud!

Think it's just about the only noteworthy thing to happen in Darlo in the last Century.

Which is one more thing than what has happened in Hartlepool. :dontknow:

The last notable thing to happen in Hartlepool was during the Napoleonic Wars and involved rope and a monkey.