Orlando City 1-0 Newcastle United - FT

Guest toonarmymia

Guest magpie99

In my opinion, the tour went pear shaped even before the squad set foot in the States. The tour was a pointless exercise when the likes of Cabaye and Barton were refused visas as they are definite starters in the first 11.

The injury to BenArfa further destroyed plans and obviously, the quality of the pitch at Orlando played a part in the likes of Marveaux not playing.

The only really good thing to come out of it all is that Pardew will have had a good look at the kids like Vuckic, Abeid, Tavernier etc and decide whether they are capable of making the next step up. He can also have agood look at the keepers situation too before making a decision on who goes or who stays. I think we should retire Harper and go with the two young lads.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only colo, tiote and staylor will start v arsenal from last nights line up. People need to chill

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aldershot beat Stoke

Hull beat Liverpool

Darlington beat Middlesborough

Get a grip its pre-season

Tonights line up

Forster

Taylor Colo Taylor Tav

Gosling Smith Tiote Jonas

Ameobi Lovenkrands

v

Arsenal line up

Krul

Simpson Colo Taylor Jose

Tiote Cabaye

Marveux Barton Jonas

Ba

no comparison

In my opinion, the tour went pear shaped even before the squad set foot in the States. The tour was a pointless exercise when the likes of Cabaye and Barton were refused visas as they are definite starters in the first 11.

The injury to BenArfa further destroyed plans and obviously, the quality of the pitch at Orlando played a part in the likes of Marveaux not playing.

The only really good thing to come out of it all is that Pardew will have had a good look at the kids like Vuckic, Abeid, Tavernier etc and decide whether they are capable of making the next step up. He can also have agood look at the keepers situation too before making a decision on who goes or who stays. I think we should retire Harper and go with the two young lads.

This made me chuckle - how do you think contracts work? We take players round back and put them down like horses? :laugh:

I agree with most of your post. Very dishevelled organisation and we really could have done with some better preparation to break in some of the wholesale changes we've made to our starting XI.

Can't understand all the people saying 'get a grip' and 'calm down'. Nowt wrong with discussing the game, performance and context of the tour IMO. If there's no point, why did we go?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't understand all the people saying 'get a grip' and 'calm down'. Nowt wrong with discussing the game, performance and context of the tour IMO. If there's no point, why did we go?

Is 'get a grip' and 'calm down' not an opinion in the same way 'i agree, disagree' are

Is 'get a grip' and 'calm down' not an opinion in the same way 'i agree, disagree' are

We would all love to see us smashing teams 4 and 5 nill over there but just because we are not does not mean our season is doomed.

Would have been nice if we could have had our full squad over there so we could see them together and get more of an idea how they look and them getting time to gl.

The positive is fitness ans stamina, double training sessions and games in that kind of heat will have them in great shape for the season.

we got beat 1-0 on astro, by a side misway through their season, its not the end of the world. remember we got smashed by orient before romping the championship 2 pre seasons ago. pre season is more for fitness and the heat we are playing in will help so much, i have full belief that we will be ready for the season and looking stronger than last year.

Of course it is, but you're arguing against something that doesn't exist.

What was the craic with the disallowed goal? I thought Vuckic was behind the ball, is that what AP wa saying? They didn't give us a replay, obviously.

Just said we had a perfectly good goal disallowed.. more concern about he pitch, said it was very sticky and we had not have a chance to practise on it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Basically...poor game. No creativity- even worse with fucking Lovenkrands up front. Best tried but wasn't very good either.

Gosling seemed happy to get about the pitch, Tiote showed a mix of good and bad- the bad mostly coming from sloppy passes.

Forster made a few decent saves, Tavernier looks quick and useful. Abeid and Vuckic got good cameos.