Orlando City 1-0 Newcastle United - FT

Guest toonarmymia

Just got in - how the fuck did we get beat here like? :lol: What team we have out?

#nufc v #Orlando - Forster-R Taylor-Coloccini-S Taylor-Tavernier-Gosling-Smith-Tiote-Jonas-Best Lovenkrands

Ryan Taylor got injured in the first minute was replaced soon after by Enrique who played the rest of the match. Ba, Abeid, Ameobi and Vuckic came on too.

I don't think anyone is daft enough to dispute the fact that friendlies mean very little. But Dave sums it up perfectly; i seriously fail to see what we're gaining from this whole experience. But ah well, time will tell. There was a sprinkling of positives from that steaming gash, mainly the performances from some of the young lads.

As much as I like the idea of the club being over here in North America, I do agree that this was a really bad idea, it's probably hindering us more than helping at the moment.

Friendly or not, this is not the sort of result that breeds confidence ahead of what looks like being a long hard season for us.

Erm, the Leyton Orient game that finished 6-1 to them a couple of years ago?

Erm your point? That was the catalyst to a collective kick up the backsides, if this turns out to be the same then great, but with that group of lads out there now, just can't see it. We need to buy and we need those players out to get back, but bloody held with all due respect to Orlando City, our reserves should be able to beat them with ease.

It was only a pre-season friendly like, so I'm not panicking yet.

Neither am I, but these aren't good signs, the lack of creativity is shocking, yes we were without our most creative players but those out there should still be able to make the odd chance, when we got to the final third tonight we did nothing, absolutely nothing all game.

You can't just turn on a switch and begin playing when the season starts, these games are first and foremost about fitness but you also want to see a patern of play and understanding develop amongst your players. I thought defensively it was fine, although the opposition was hardly frightening, but from a offensive point of view there was nothing there and that's been the case in all the preseason games so far which is beginning to worry me and should hopefully be worrying Pardew and Ashley.

Sounds like you are panicking a bit there. But really we do need another striker so that we don't have to rely on the likes of Lovenkrands and Shola next season.

This US tour shouldn't have happened really. Poorly planned out.

- Tavernier looked good and decent on the ball.

- Tiote and Enrique were their usual dominating selves, so can't complain bar a couple of dodgy tackles from Tiote.

- Forster's catching was ropey, his saves were top notch.

- Abeid looks really really good, and Vuckic had a decent runout too.

- The referee had a stinker, missing a perfect penalty shout and a disallowing a legit goal.

- Everyone else was s***, with special mentions to Smith, Lovenkrands and S.Taylor

Meh.

Sounds good, result means nothing. If anything might be a kick up the ass for some of the players, all about fitness right now. Can't believe some of the reactions here. Comedy gold. Pre-season is always back and forth. If we look this shit and out of shape come the Fiorentina game maybe we should be more concerned.

Good to hear about Tavernier, Abeid and Vuckic. might need them this year. How was Gosling?

- Tiote and Enrique were their usual dominating selves, so can't complain bar a couple of dodgy tackles from Tiote.

- The referee had a stinker, missing a perfect penalty shout and a disallowing a legit goal.

- Everyone else was s***, with special mentions to Smith, Lovenkrands and S.Taylor

Meh.

Sounds good, result means nothing. If anything might be a kick up the ass for some of the players, all about fitness right now. Can't believe some of the reactions here. Comedy gold. Pre-season is always back and forth. If we look this shit and out of shape come the Fiorentina game maybe we should be more concerned.

Good to hear about Tavernier, Abeid and Vuckic. might need them this year. How was Gosling?

Take it you didn't actually read them, then.

Just got in - how the fuck did we get beat here like? :lol: What team we have out?

No Marv.

Ahh man.

We need to bellow out 'Lets Get It On' by Marvin Gaye for his first appearance at SJP like.

Meh.

Sounds good, result means nothing. If anything might be a kick up the ass for some of the players, all about fitness right now. Can't believe some of the reactions here. Comedy gold. Pre-season is always back and forth. If we look this s*** and out of shape come the Fiorentina game maybe we should be more concerned.

Take it you didn't actually read them, then.

Some of them.

Some really bad performances on the pitch tonight, most notably from Gosling, Smith, Taylor (Steve), and Tav.  But most of all, it just looked like a lot of the guys were out there playing not to get injured on the turf to be honest.  A lot of half-hearted challenges and no one chasing the ball down to any great effect.  Scared of getting injured and in the process just played off the pitch unfortunately.  Not happy it was my first Newcastle match but still very happy I went and enjoyed the company of so many traveling Geordies at the match and the pub beforehand. 

Lots of renditions of the Geordie Boot Boys, Blaydon Races, Coloccini (I want curly hair too), and There's Only Two Ameobi's, and meeting a few off here, in the pub before the match being the highlight of tonight.

Also, apparently one of the dudes (older dude) that writes True Faith told my girlfriend she would be "famous in Newcastle" for her cupcakes she made and handed out in the pub before the match tonight.  Looking forward to those pictures.

(she had no idea what True Faith was).