La Liga

Village Idiot

What mistakes did he make? They fucked nearly every team in the league, dropping only a few points here and there. Barca are just a better team and Mourinho can't do anything about it.

He didn't beat Barca in the league, only mistake. And they didn't start the season with a win, not a real mistake, though.

But the league can only be won if they beat Barca.

Which he still doesn't have a clear solution to.

The all out defensive style is more suited to a two-legged tie. I still dont see how Real will beat Barca or be consistent enough in the league to win it.

I think they'll challenge for the CL again. If they're not in the same half as Barca then they will play each other in the final.

I think whoever is able to keep his concentration throughout the 38 games will win it, rather than the Clásico results. The total points haul of both sides these past years have been ludicrous and despite their obvious advantage over the other sides, it's not as easy as you may think. One day off and you're set off from the chase.

Think it's Real's year this time. Have said this last year as well but I see them as a much stronger team this season and Mourinho will have learnt from his mistakes of last season.

Tek your cock oot of his arse man.

I think whoever is able to keep his concentration throughout the 38 games will win it, rather than the Clásico results. The total points haul of both sides these past years have been ludicrous and despite their obvious advantage over the other sides, it's not as easy as it may think. One day off and you're set off from the chase.

Agree. Still think that the El Clasico result is so important also to the morale of the team. I'm sure Barca opened up a nice point gap on Real after their 5-0 trashing.

I think whoever is able to keep his concentration throughout the 38 games will win it, rather than the Clásico results. The total points haul of both sides these past years have been ludicrous and despite their obvious advantage over the other sides, it's not as easy as it may think. One day off and you're set off from the chase.

Agree. Still think that the El Clasico result is so important also to the morale of the team. I'm sure Barca opened up a nice point gap on Real after their 5-0 trashing.

Not really, we went up by one IIRC. They didn't really start to falter until january, when they dropped some of these "easy" points (Osasuna, Almería, Gijón...).

Mourinho would do well to take the shackles off his team. No need for the team to play with the 2 sitters in the middle v some of the dross.

It's been said that Sahin will pair Alonso in the middle when he's fit, and Lass has been deemed surplus to requirements. He´s been using Cointreau Coentrao a lot in that role too.

Not really, we went up by one IIRC. They didn't really start to falter until january, when they dropped some of these "easy" points (Osasuna, Almería, Gijón...).

Ok, got that wrong then.

Mourinho would do well to take the shackles off his team. No need for the team to play with the 2 sitters in the middle v some of the dross.

It's been said that Sahin will pair Alonso in the middle when he's fit, and Lass has been deemed surplus to requirements. He´s been using Cointreau Coentrao a lot in that role too.

Apart from him being Portuguese still don't really know why they bought him. Not that he's not a good player but I thought Marcelo was one of  their standouts last season and if he plays in the Di Maria role they could have got better. Can't imagine him in DM/CM.

Take into account that we went to the last El Clásico with an 8 point gap, which pretty much made the game irrelevant. I really think consistency on beating everyone else is what's going to win or lose the title.

Aye. The 2nd league El Clasico was more or less a test (for Mourinho at least) for the Champions League / Cup final.

Apart from him being Portuguese still don't really know why they bought him. Not that he's not a good player but I thought Marcelo was one of  their standouts last season and if he plays in the Di Maria role they could have got better. Can't imagine him in DM/CM.

He's been played in the Di María role too, but Callejón seems to have been preferred to cover for Di María (who was still on holiday).

On last year's form you really can't dislodge Marcelo, to be frank.

By the way, for some reason the Madrid media are pushing hard for having a preseason game every year between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. Like we didn't have enough of them last season or this season (4 guaranteed before CL/Copa). Then they complain when people call us the sunny SPL.

:lol:

Seriously though, that first 5 - all products of the Barca system. It is absurd.

Thiago is going to be something else for them. Has all the DNA of a Barca midfielder but has the skill in 1v1 situations and the ability to score goals regularly from outside and inside the box.