La Liga

Village Idiot

In Barcelona from Aug 29th. My daughter loves Barca and i said we'd do the stadium tour. Then, luckily, at least we thought anyway, the home game with Villareal got moved a day to when we are there. Shelled out £104 on 2 tickets, before the players vote to go on strike the very next day. Typical.   VI, is there anything i can do with my unused tickets if the strike goes ahead?  :frantic:

In Barcelona from Aug 29th. My daughter loves Barca and i said we'd do the stadium tour. Then, luckily, at least we thought anyway, the home game with Villareal got moved a day to when we are there. Shelled out £104 on 2 tickets, before the players vote to go on strike the very next day. Typical.   VI, is there anything i can do with my unused tickets if the strike goes ahead?  :frantic:

No idea if you will be able to get a full refund (I think you would, but you never know), but I still think it won't go ahead. Too much money at stake.

Supercopa first leg tomorrow by the way (why do we still play this crap over two legs?). Should be exciting.

Who will be missing for Barca?

Puyol, Maxwell are out, Busquets and Piqué are doubts. Dunno if Pep will start all the south-american players (Alves, Messi, Alexis) that have only been training since Monday.

Fábregas is out too :p

Shit has hit the fan at Rayo Vallecano. Their manager has quit after being asked to lower his wages (him and the players are owed several months), and the squad has threatened to mutiny.

Sad, since I have a soft spot for them. I was two steps from Vallecas when I lived in Madrid.

They're massively in the s*** financially aren't they. Is that woman still president?

No she sold it to the current owners. They don't seem to have the muscle to save them though. Apparently they asked the manager and 4 players to take a 70% wage cut.

To be frank, it's a bit of a disgrace that we promoted a team that can't pay the squad they achieved promotion with. Financial rules in La Liga are going to tighten up, though.

I used to be Betis on Champ Man 97/98 - Alfonso and Oli.  :fwap:

Hope Betis can stay up and stabilise. One of those clubs I always associate with Spanish football, always remember Oli and Alfonso back in the day.

Was fucking dreadful for Barcelona.

Glad to have Betis back though, the Seville derby is easily the best in Spain.  What a fixture.

Aye he was that. First player I can ever remember donning white boots.

:pow:

I used to be Betis on Champ Man 97/98 - Alfonso and Oli.  :fwap:

Finidi, Jarni, Bjeliça and Prats were quite handy as well.

same here...Roberto Solozábal was solid in defence too.

Late 90s/Early 00's in Champ was all about Celta.

Salgado, Karpin, Revivo, Mazinho, Makelele, Mostovoi, Gustavo Lopez, Catanha

Barca: Sonny Anderson scored goals for fun in 97/98 Champ Man....Rivaldo and De La Pena too chipped in with a fair few and Oscar Garcia. Luis Enrique was a class utility player, all over the place ...even Winston Bogarde was class in defence :lol:

a few other good ones from that time : Caminero, Pantic, Kiko, Suker, Ortega, Juan Esnaider, Djalminha

nearly failed my A'levels because of that fking game :lol: