La Liga

Village Idiot

Guest Craig-NUFC

Yep he will break the record IMO tonight, also as Barca play first and pretty much certain they will win it will be down to 4 points before Madrid go to Villarreal.

Anyone reckon that its possible that they could start to feel the pressure?

Fully expect Villarreal to be on the end of a tanking.

I hope that Madrid do win it, I've never liked Pep or Barcelona, the one shining light is Messi, nice honest player and class aswell...shame he plays for that pile of...

Madrid will definitely stutter towards the end of the season as they have a far more difficult run in but I reckon they will pip barca by 2-3 points.

Hopefully we get into Europe and Play Bilbao again, enjoying them a lot this year, specially after the whopping they handed out to Taggart and his boys :)

Personally think we won't win this one. Real Madrid haven't actually been that brilliant lately (struggled against Betis and Rayo) but will take a massive dip in form for us to make up that deficit, provided we won't drop a single point in the next 11 games (which would nearly be an all time La Liga record if you add it up to our current run streak).

The only way I would think there's hope is if the deficit drops to 6 or less before the Clásico. If we won that one, we would be within one game with a favorable GA and all bets would be off.

Villarreal have been terrible this season and just named a new manager yesterday, they will be tonked.

As long as you win "el partido del siglo (again)" then you'll have sufficient bragging rights...

Wonder who'll win the final of the C league if you both get there, Spanish press has automatically assumed this to be the case...

I quite like the how any titbit can be made into a sensational headline... at least they're creative..LOL

What's Rossel been up to with the Brazilians... more dodgy deals when you've just got rid of Laporta?

Apparently a journalist has gone through all the original minutes from the games to make the recount, and then compared them with the press reports of the time to doublecheck mistakes. That's a lot of spare time for something relatively meaningless...

Anyhow, at least he should (cross fingers) beat in front of me today. That's something to tell to my kids. Heck, might be worth having them just for that.

Also, keep in mind that there's the matter of Paulino Alcántara, who scored 369 in 357, but including a smattering of regional and local championships (there was no Spanish league back then), that a lot of people consider "friendlies" today.

Guest firetotheworks

If it was 45 in 54 it would still be ridiculous. 54 in 45 wouldn't even happen in The Hurricanes, tbh. It's beyond the realms of plausible fiction. Even Kim Jung Il couldn't have gotten away with making those stats up about himself.

"Torres (3 in 36), Carroll (5 in 31) and Suarez (10 in 36) have scored as many goals in a combined 103 league matches as Messi has in 7"

Told my mate, he worked this out :lol:

"Seriously though, that's a phenomenal stat. So technically he's 15 times better than the three of them combined? Which would make him worth 15 x (50+35+23million)=£1.62 billion. And if Dalglish is the one bidding we can round that up to £2billion."

Not sure which goal was my favourite last night, they were all ridiculous and class in their own way.  Didn't look that bothered when he broke the record!

Tello impresses me everytime I see him, that finish was pretty difficult I thought and he made it look easy.  Stupidly fast, can finish and is skillful.  What is he like 19 or 20?

I hope Balague is just being a bitter Espanyol/Liverpool fan.  Would hate to see him go there!

Not sure which goal was my favourite last night, they were all ridiculous and class in their own way.  Didn't look that bothered when he broke the record!

Tello impresses me everytime I see him, that finish was pretty difficult I thought and he made it look easy.  Stupidly fast, can finish and is skillful.  What is he like 19 or 20?

I hope Balague is just being a bitter Espanyol/Liverpool fan.  Would hate to see him go there!

They are all very good, but I think my favourite is his first. Amazing technique there, and he makes it look so easy. What a player, absolutely unbelievable.