Italian Serie A - 14/15

ponsaelius

Doesn't start for a few weeks, but seeing as La Liga has a new thread...

What do you think of Juve's new signings, Nixon?

Vidal looks a bargain to me, exactly what Juve need in midfield. Vucinic too is a quality player, and I assume both the Swiss guys will be starting fullbacks?

Guest Heneage

Where is Mattis? Fantastic contributor to this thread.

As for Juve's signings Mr Sewell, I must admit to being somewhat bipolar. At the beginning of the summer I wasn't happy with the likes of Motta and Pepe making their moves permanent as I just didn't rate either. Getting 7m for Sissoko was good business, but the loan for Melo was poor. Looking critically it was not a good start.

Since then, they have gained Lichsteiner, Vucinic and Vidal who are tremendous acquisitions who are what Juve needed. Pirlo I think will work wonders personally.

I think it's great for the league, because irrespective of your feelings towards Juve the more competition the better.

Have Napoli strengthened aside from Inler?

Can't see past a second title in a row for Milan myself. Mexes, Taiwo, Amelia all improve the 1st team squad and aside from Pirlo who was being phased out anyway they've not lost anyone. Inter haven't strengthened enough for my liking from last season and with a new manager and Eto'o sounding off it could be difficult for them. Not generally a fan but I hope Juve have a strong season.

I still think Juve are a fair way off winning the league, can see (relative) disappointment despite massive investment.

Not too sure about Napoli's summer. Inler is a cracking signing but I don't see what people like Mannini, Dzemaili and Santana will offer them. I guess it offers them depth going into a CL campaign and they've also held onto their 'big 3'.

Edit: Donadel too. Decent enough player, trying to remember who these guys are replacing to compare.

Its gonna be Milans again this year. Expect a very different league table to last year bar the top and bottom positions imo..

Udinese to have a shit season, they wont get off lightly with selling Sanchez and Inler like

Roma to have a real go with Juve but both to finish between 4-6th

Gonna be interesting

Udinese to have a shit season, they wont get off lightly with selling Sanchez and Inler like

Di Natale is getting on a bit now aswell, and without the support of Sanchez can't see him having a season anything close to his last 2.

Hope Lamela hits it off. He has the potential to be absolute superstar, despite the failings of River last season he was fantastic for the main part, just lacked the support upfront and the pressure of carrying a giant when your 19 can only of held him in good stead.

Di Natale is getting on a bit now aswell, and without the support of Sanchez can't see him having a season anything close to his last 2.

Totò gets better with age. Fully expect another 20+ goal season from him tbh.

Guest Heneage

I love Muntari. :lol:

Can't believe he's still hanging around. #77 now after Alvarez took his squad number.

I'm excited to see what Castaignos can do.

Was impressed with his performance against Celtic.

Didn't they sell Zapata as well? Their fans must be more disspointed than us that the club could not hold on to their best players even with CL competition.

What about Palermo and Fiorentina? They haven't been as busy as the "best" teams, and always seem unpredictable despite having decent squads, with a couple of class players in the mix. I expect them to finish top 7, maybe 5, and probably do better than Udinese.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Udinese to have a s*** season, they wont get off lightly with selling Sanchez and Inler like

Udinese to have a s*** season, they wont get off lightly with selling Sanchez and Inler like

Didn't they sell Zapata as well? Their fans must be more disspointed than us that the club could not hold on to their best players even with CL competition.

No, cause they know that this is the owner's way to run a football club and he's always been pretty clear about Udinese being a selling club irrespective of the results they achieve.

Hoping for another challenge for the champions league places for Lazio. I think they should score more goals than last year as Cisse and Klose are looking good to add to Floccari and Zarate up front. As long as the new full backs fit in it should be another top 4-5 finish plus a good europa league run.

I think Juve will be really good this year, Lichtsteiner will be great for them.

No, cause they know that this is the owner's way to run a football club and he's always been pretty clear about Udinese being a selling club irrespective of the results they achieve.

Nah, I don't buy it.

If we got to the CL this season, with Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Coloccini playing the season of their lives, and we sold them while Ashley came out before the season started and said we were going to be a selling club irrespective of results, would you accept it?

:troll:

• 3 weeks later...