Italian Serie A - 14/15

ponsaelius

I think they've spent a fortune and still not made up enough ground, tbh.

Vidal is a cracking signing, mind.

Probably true but the potential is there and the lack of European interest might hold them in good stead although their awful performance in Europe last season didn't make much difference on the domestic scene.

Great game between Palermo and Inter.

Boring Serie A.

Watched 3 quality games over the weekend. 4 goals in the napoli - cesena match, 5 in the Juve - Parma match and 7 between Palermo and Inter! Not to forget the 4 at the San Siro on Friday night.

The serie A has lost some of its quality in the last few years, but the excitement is much better, imo. :thup:

Often a reduction in quality brings through more balance and competitiveness. I can legimately see 5 clubs having a shout of the title this season, can't say that about Spain or England.

When I look at Serie A, I see more good players outside the "elite" clubs than in England, for example. Napoli for example may not be a Milan or Inter but look at how many class players they have, and they proved it last year. The really big clubs don't seem to have an automatic monopoly on quality which makes for a much more open and unpredictable league.

Inter:

Julio Cesar; Lucio, Ranocchia, Samuel; Nagatomo, Zanetti, Sneijder, Cambiasso, Obi; Forlan, Milito

Bench: Castellazzi, Jonathan, Bianchetti, Muntari, Zarate, Castaignos, Pazzini

Roma:

Stekelenburg; Taddei, Kjær, Burdisso, Perrotta; De Rossi, Pizarro, Pjanic; Borini, Totti, Osvaldo

Bench: Lobont, Cassetti, Heinze, Rosi, Gago, Borriello, Bojan

Strange selection by Luis Enrique... Perotta and Taddei as full backs sounds awful.

Very nasty headinjury for Stekelenburg. Lucio kicked him, and he left the field unconscious. Might be a similar injury to what Petr Cech had a few years ago.

Decent enough game but both teams are obviously lacking a bit of fluidity at the moment. Hopefully Stekelenburg only has a minor concussion because it looked horrible. Not sure what Lucio was up to though: accidentally kicks a guy in the head, then goes down pretending to be injured. That guy, man. That bloody guy.