Italian Serie A - 14/15

ponsaelius

Great games, open attacking and end to end. Those boring Italians eh.

Serie A has a chance of becoming the most watched league again, or at least competing with the Premier League. It's more competitive with the collective TV deals and obviously far more competitive than Spain which is a non event apart from two games a season, and there's more 'big and glamorous' clubs with a wordwide reputation than Germany..or Spain for that matter.

FT Inter 1-2 Juve. Good game, should have been more goals, Inter deserved a point i think.

Looks like it will be be an exciting league this year, seems like Juve and Milan could be competing for the title, but Udinese, Napoli and Lazio will be in there, and Roma and Inter surely will catch up(although Inter could be 18th by the end of tomorrow!).

The German league is quality. Probably only second to the PL in terms of excitement.

I'd put it well ahead of the Premier League. It's got more going for it than pretty much every league in Europe and I'd much rather have it than an extra bit of quality of the top few teams, fan connection with the clubs and competitiveness are far more important, but it doesn't have the glamorous reputation outside of Germany as the PL, Liga or Serie A for some reason. Not a bad thing if your German, infact it's it's strength and the reason it hasn't been messed around as much as the PL and you can still go and stand and drink beer in full stadiums for less than a tenner.

The German league is quality. Probably only second to the PL in terms of excitement.

The Premier League isn't particularly exciting for the most part.

No league where 4th place is seen as a holy grail for teams without a billionaire can be called very exciting.

Guest Heneage

The Premier League is based on physicality and mistakes. I wouldn't say there is real technical quality there. That's why when Arsenal came to fruition with Wenger's style of football everyone was so impressed. When clubs realised they couldn't out play Arsenal you had teams like Bolton just trying to outmuscle them. It was bordering on cliche that 'To beat Arsenal you just have to get in their face'.

Because of that people just tried to get physically adept players over technically gifted ones, Bouba Diop, Kevin Davies etc. If we just look at the awe with which people admire Mata and Silva it further proves it. Two players one whom doesn't start for Spain but both are seen as reinventions of the wheel because they hold a good technical proficiency.

The Premier League is based on physicality and mistakes. I wouldn't say there is real technical quality there. That's why when Arsenal came to fruition with Wenger's style of football everyone was so impressed. When clubs realised they couldn't out play Arsenal you had teams like Bolton just trying to outmuscle them. It was bordering on cliche that 'To beat Arsenal you just have to get in their face'.

Because of that people just tried to get physically adept players over technically gifted ones, Bouba Diop, Kevin Davies etc. If we just look at the awe with which people admire Mata and Silva it further proves it. Two players one whom doesn't start for Spain but both are seen as reinventions of the wheel because they hold a good technical proficiency.

I can see what you're saying Kris but I don't particularly agree. I think the whole physicality argument is clichéd. People keep on saying holding up the Premier League as the benchmark for "fast, physical football" when in fact I see as much emphasis on technical ability as I do "getting into the opposition's faces".

The Mata/Silva example is a bit twisted to fit the argument. These are great players who just happen to be living in a time of embarrassing Spanish midfield riches. Think it's a bit unfair to use "they don't start for Spain" as reasoning for people prioritising physicality or technique.

If the PL can be described as having "no real technical quality," I would very much like to see a league which does have technical quality.

Watch a tie between 2 bottom half sides in Italy or Spain and your chances of committing suicide increase tenfold.

Guest Heneage

If the PL can be described as having "no real technical quality," I would very much like to see a league which does have technical quality.

Watch a tie between 2 bottom half sides in Italy or Spain and your chances of committing suicide increase tenfold.

Out of curiosity when was the last time you watched one of the games mentioned above? I should add by no real technical quality I mean in the context of Europe's top leagues. You see a lot more kick and rush in this country imo.

Inter are an absolute shambles at the moment. Since Mourinho left the team has just been stuck in a rut. Terrible defensively and even when stringing results together there is always another set of defeats waiting around the corner.

Juve are looking good this season. They're the only ones that are tbh.

Guest Heneage

Inter are an absolute shambles at the moment. Since Mourinho left the team has just been stuck in a rut. Terrible defensively and even when stringing results together there is always another set of defeats waiting around the corner.

Juve are looking good this season. They're the only ones that are tbh.

So they should the money they've spent.

I do love Di Natale, all 3ft5 of him.

I love Di Natale too, it astounds me as to how a 33 year old player can be as prolific as he is...amazing techinque and superb timing, love him! I wouldnt mind Milan finishing 2nd to Udinese tbh, though itll never happen :)

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/10/30/sp-cassano-milan.html

AC Milan forward Antonio Cassano was taken to the hospital with an undisclosed illness following Saturday's 3-2 win at Roma, the club announced Sunday.

The Italy striker was brought to the Policlinico facility for tests after Milan's plane touched down at Malpensa airport, Milan said on its website.

The ANSA news agency said people aboard the flight saw Cassano joking around with his teammates one moment, then having problems with his vision, speech and movement moments later.

He was expected to remain in the hospital another night.

Cassano played the final 17 minutes against Roma and contributed to Milan's third goal by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng also picked up a bruise against Roma.

Milan visits BATE Borisov in the Champions League on Tuesday and was already without injured forward Alexandre Pato.

Doesn't sound great, hopefully he is out of hospital soon as possible.