Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I seriously doubt he's happy to come and sit on the bench as some are implying. He supposedly asked for a transfer request last year for not figuring in the Manure first team so he's hardly going to be chuffed to come here as a bench warmer.

Won't even get on the Man United bench. Least he'll get a chance of stepping on the pitch with us like.

I think it was Obertan scored a quality long-range strike last season in the Champions League, didn't he? I'd be willing to give him a chance as long as he isn't regarded by the club as Andy Carroll's replacement.

I seriously doubt he's happy to come and sit on the bench as some are implying. He supposedly asked for a transfer request last year for not figuring in the Manure first team so he's hardly going to be chuffed to come here as a bench warmer.

Our new striker. Foil for Ba.

Strikers who don't score goals...you can't have enough of them for me  O0

Just did a bit of youtubing - fucking hell he looks like Thierry Henry when he's not in front of goal. The lad has serious talent, although from what people are saying a brain the size of a pea.

He is Barton's replacement!

:boomboom:

I've decided L like this lad after all. The huge professor forehead and 10 step overs for every yard moved forward has made me warm to him. With him and Ben Arfa it will take us twenty minutes to get the ball from the centre circle to the penalty spot.

Isn't Obertan a winger?

As far as I know, oui.

Thought so. Didn't understand all the striker talk...

It's because people can't wait for us to sign a shit striker so they can be depressed. That or they just like to ridicule every signing, I dunno.

Can some of the Newcastle fans who think he is absolute shit say how many times they have seen him? I can't imagine It's a great deal. No way comparing the two but it was only a few years ago CRonaldos main claim to fame was doing a million step overs then falling over.

Guest bimpy474

Ahhh we are signing someone hurrah.....:) hold up 13 pages to read..........................

Wow this thread is like a rollercoaster that never goes up.

Isn't Obertan a winger?

As far as I know, oui.

Thought so. Didn't understand all the striker talk...

It's because people can't wait for us to sign a shit striker so they can be depressed. That or they just like to ridicule every signing, I dunno.

He looked good at Bordeaux a couple of seasons ago...

He reminds me alot of Taraabt when he was at Spurs, he then excelled after regular football.

I'd contest that, maybe KingDawson can confirm, but in the brief appearances he made he looked just as good as he did at QPR.

He looked terrible at Spurs.  Greedy, no positional sense etc. 

he actually looked fantastically talented and there are posts on here to back that up, he was just in-experienced, not terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Not really, if anything Gosling should have been more highly rated given the comparison in squads.

Would you rate Barton so highly if you had players on the wing like Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Park and now Young?

Obertan could turn out to be shit but he has not really had a chance. If Sturridge had decided to fight for his place instead of going on loan to Bolton then I reckon we would have similar reactions if we spent £10m plus on the 'chelsea' reject.