Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

“I had a chat with the manager about his plans and he gave me a great speech which pleased me a lot.

“There is a lot of ambition here and it is a great challenge for me.”

MORE LIES!!!!! :angry:

I'm sure staying up is an ambition... :troll:

its understandable why people are underwhelmed. I must admit i was at first, however with little available in our price range we cant really hope for much better.

Its encouraging to see that pardew recognises weak areas on the team, pace was definitely a problem across the midfield, but it now feels like we have depth in this area that can be relied upon without having to play the guthries of this world wide right because we have no wide players.

Thinking of where we have come from, its quite refreshing for us  to buy 'squad' players. However its still very concerning we still dont look close to a new striker and no LB cover (unless pieter does sign)

i hope the lad does well

Club: "We don't need another striker, because we are going to play a 4-5-1. We have Ba, Best, Shola, Sammy and Lovenkrands."

Colocho: "I post utter SHITE."

:lol: :thup:

Do you think it's a deliberate ploy to win worst footballing poster this year?

its understandable why people are underwhelmed. I must admit i was at first, however with little available in our price range we cant really hope for much better.

Its encouraging to see that pardew recognises weak areas on the team, pace was definitely a problem across the midfield, but it now feels like we have depth in this area that can be relied upon without having to play the guthries of this world wide right because we have no wide players.

Thinking of where we have come from, its quite refreshing for us  to buy 'squad' players. However its still very concerning we still dont look close to a new striker and no LB cover (unless pieter does sign)

i hope the lad does well

Less concerned about left back, but to see Pardew in his interview today looking like they are genuinely still struggling to get a striker in is a real worry.

We'll get a stiker, I have no doubts.

Rekon our bid for a striker will go down to the wire, i dont mind that if we get the right type of striker for a decent price, rather than panic buy someone now for the sake of it....

Club: "We don't need another striker, because we are going to play a 4-5-1. We have Ba, Best, Shola, Sammy and Lovenkrands."

Colocho: "I post utter s****."

:lol: :thup:

Do you think it's a deliberate ploy to win worst footballing poster this year?

Close to being the most negative person on the planet.

Well, I might be the only one but I reckon this is going to turn out to be a great bit of business.

He's represented his country at every level except senior but he's only 22, he's quick, skillful and obviously has ability.

If we can get his confidence up and give him a consistent run in the team I think £3m could look like a huge bargain come the end of the season.

Let's just wait till September 1st, yeah?

O0

O0

O0

No. Stop making up utter shite and trying to pass it off as fact.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Be interesting to see how he goes on the right because every time I've seen him play, he seems similar to Jonas in that he tends to play on the left despite being right footed.

O0

O0

Not making anything up, you nutter.

Just what I feel the club's position in terms of signing a new striker is...

O0

O0

Not making anything up, you nutter.

Just what I feel the club's position in terms of signing a new striker is...

You posted it as a quote, you didn't state it was your opinion.

You are a complete and utter idiot.

TBF, the search for a striker is going to be difficult because there's no point signing an average one to go with all the average ones we've already got. We need someone a level up from that, and they're hard to find and sign for the bargain money we want to pay.

Our midfield is looking good anyway.

TBF, the search for a striker is going to be difficult because there's no point signing an average one to go with all the average ones we've already got. We need someone a level up from that, and they're hard to find and sign for the bargain money we want to pay.

Our midfield is looking good anyway.

Exactly. Ba could be that quality striker, Best the good one, Shola, Lovenkrands, Sammy etc the average ones...

Does the club really want two 'quality' strikers?