Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

It was a positive change, aye but cheering like that will destroy his confidence/fragile mind.

He's looked like he doesn't have any since he arrived.

He may have had some at some point but he doesn't have any ability to go with it, so we'd never know.

Didn't he say that his confidence was low from his time at OT and never having a chance to be in the matchday 18 each week? Would suggest that this was discussed as part of the transfer and Pards promised to give him a run in the team...he just needs to earn his corn by managing Obertan properly now - if he keeps sending him out to do nothing and get slated, the fans are going to continue booing him (:huff:) and his confidence will drop even more.

Fair enough, I don't remember him saying that about his confidence. I've always said I don't agree with booing any of our players but it's completely Pardew's fault imo. Even if he promised him a run in the team, the team is more important.

#SupportObertan on Twitter

:pilko:

Fwiw, never booed him or cheered him going off, never would. However, it's pathetic the amount of support people are giving him when it's obvious he's just hopeless. Ben Arfa simply has to start ahead of him on the right now. Would personally have Ryan Taylor ahead of him as well.

#SupportObertan on Twitter

:pilko:

Fwiw, never booed him or cheered him going off, never would. However, it's pathetic the amount of support people are giving him when it's obvious he's just hopeless. Ben Arfa simply has to start ahead of him on the right now. Would personally have Ryan Taylor ahead of him as well.

I agree. Blind support of someone so inadequate is disappointing.

Guest neesy111

Fact is, most other managers would have dropped Obertan before the booing/jeers towards him as they would have seen that Ben Arfa can play on the RW.

He dropped Obertan for the Man Utd match. It's not as though he's immune to dropping him, it just seems as though he's trying to give him all the chances he needs to find that spark.

Clearly, a lot of our supporters have given up on him already.

Wouldn't be the first time we've written players off before their time [JDT, Colo, Enrique, etc.]

He wasn't 100% fit.

He was absolutely disgusting today and I'm not at all shocked his removal was greeted with cheers. I think a lot were cheers of surprise as nearly everyone around me was expecting Pards to hook Hatem.

I would personally never boo, but if you pay your money you are entitled to it. Am i not right in saying booing in the swanky theaters of old London town, is common place if an actor doesn't put on the best of showings...

Guest Craig-NUFC

Reserved being too harsh as I hadn't seen him play in the flesh. Was sat almost pitch side on the right hand side during the first half and I must say there's nothing to him. I spent about 5 minutes just watching him to see if I was missing something, but his positioning is just as bad as when he's on the ball. Was woeful today, truly a waste of space. The amount of times he lost the ball when he could have had a touch and put a ball in was ridiculous. The one that stands out was when he got past last man and just stopped, had two defenders catch him up, tried to take them on, failed, ended up infield, got dispossessed and Blackburn got half a counter going.

He was different levels of shit today. And when you consider his lack of effort and motivation, he is absolutely indefensible. Thing is, whether you think it's right or wrong - the crowd is on his back now so there is just no point in him being anywhere near the side. It was a completely different match altogether after he went off; the whole crowd breathed a sigh of relief.

Guest Howaythetoon

If he is a footballer I'm a fucking rocket scientist, seriously he has nowt to his game, not even pace because he does fuck all with it. Its scray that a manager like Fergie paid money for him and for us scary that Pardew did too and keeps fucking picking him. He has to be dropped and I'd gladly be happy to never see him in our shirt again. He bottled even a 60-40 in his favour on the touchline. I don't like picking on new players but this lad has zero to his game that will benefit us. He's a waste of a shirt.

He was different levels of shit today. And when you consider his lack of effort and motivation, he is absolutely indefensible. Thing is, whether you think it's right or wrong - the crowd is on his back now so there is just no point in him being anywhere near the side. It was a completely different match altogether after he went off; the whole crowd breathed a sigh of relief.

On top of that, it's that age old thing about Gutierrez being the 'main' winger, but when he's being double-marked all the time he's not as effective. When Obertan was replaced by Ben Arfa in the RM slot, Gutierrez and Santon had absolutely acres more space and Gutierrez in particular looked much better. Ben Arfa was the one being double marked but the majority of times he managed to skin both players and do something with the ball.

I don't get Obertan at all, like. In the first half, he sold an amazing dummy to the full back, got a good yard and a bit on him, reached the byline... and then stopped on the ball and turned to play a half-mishit pass to Simpson who ended up going back to the centre-halves on the halfway line. He's fucking tripe and I'm  hoping Pards realised it today.

Bloke on the radio

'the milk man's horse could do a better job than him on the right wing. If I had his pace I'd never have got married'

:lol: :lol:

The milk man's horse, brilliant.  :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

Think he will still come good eventually, Coloccini & Enrique were awful in their first season at the club.

Guest michaelfoster

Comparing Obertan to Coloccini and Enrique? Howay man. :lol: :lol:

cause Colo & Enrique were amazing in their first year at the club, remind me where we finished in the league?

cause Colo & Enrique were amazing in their first year at the club, remind me where we finished in the league?

Enrique was really good despite the bad year, Colo was pretty crap tbh and alot of people critcized him, i remember saying he looks like he has all the right abillties but he just wasn't able to adjust to the pace of the league.

Coloccini and Enrique were players that came with a pedigree and had proven talent. They came from different countries and took time to adapt, it was clear to most that they had ability, they just didn't settle well initially.

Obertan, as far as I'm aware, has never performed well in professional football (certainly not on a consistent basis) and has looked like utter, utter shite practically every single time he has stepped on a pitch for us.

Guest michaelfoster

Coloccini and Enrique were players that came with a pedigree and had proven talent. They came from different countries and took time to adapt, it was clear to most that they had ability, they just didn't settle well initially.

Obertan, as far as I'm aware, has never performed well in professional football (certainly not on a consistent basis) and has looked like utter, utter s**** practically every single time he has stepped on a pitch for us.

quite a few on here wanted them sold after we were relegated.

Obertan, as far as I'm aware, has never performed well in professional football (certainly not on a consistent basis) and has looked like utter, utter s**** practically every single time he has stepped on a pitch for us.

I don't want Obertan sold.

Obertan was distinctly meh when he was at Bordeaux though he was only 19 back then.

Care to point them out? Most were expecting rather than wanting them sold.