Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Last few pages talking about how shit he is from the 5 televised bit part in games he has played? Eeexxcceelleenntt :)

Works both ways, surely? Would you be saying this if people were raving about him on the basis of the same snippets? I doubt it.

How would people feel if this ended up being a swap deal for Barton? Theoretically only of course.

And then Barton and Owen become twitter buddies.

Would be nice having Piers Morgan posting here, though.

Last few pages talking about how shit he is from the 5 televised bit part in games he has played? Eeexxcceelleenntt :)

Works both ways, surely? Would you be saying this if people were raving about him on the basis of the same snippets? I doubt it.

You're right, I probably wouldn't because I much prefer a positive stance on things. Might be wrong and is feeling more and more of a stupid way to approach things but I reckon I am burying my head in the sand enough to avoid the constant depression that following Newcastle seems to bring these days.

Again I have said this before but if I was as negative about everything as a lot seem to be it just wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry if that annoys anyone.

If  he was good enough,Fergie wouldnt be letting him go.

Bwahahahahahahaha

What a great argument.  :rolleyes:

It's true though. Yeah there's exceptions, but it's not often Ferguson lets a young player who's worth his salt go unless his hand is forced like. Forlans a fair point but he was an expensive flop, something Obertan isnt. Rossi is afiar one, but didnt he want a way for first team football he wasnt going to get at man utd? Same as Pique?

Obertan also wants away for first team football though.  He asked for a transfer apparently.

Last few pages talking about how s*** he is from the 5 televised bit part in games he has played? Eeexxcceelleenntt :)

Vuckic syndrome. Everyone must have an opinion on every player, regardless of how much they've watched of him.

My God, we're signing this cunt are we?  Ferguson appears to have regretted signing him from day 1.  This is progress.  This is what you can do when you accept £35m for one of your best players and have this kind of money to play with.  I'm sorry but I don't want this guy, I've seen him play a few times and he doesn't appear to possess a brain.  I'd actually rather sign no-one and give players like Ferguson and Vuckic more time on the pitch.  Waste of time, just desperate.

How would people feel if this ended up being a swap deal for Barton? Theoretically only of course.

I wouldn't be too bothered about losing Barton as I think his days here are numbered anyway. I would rather have had Barnetta in though as I think he would contribute goals, whereas Obertan might turn out to be a flashy younger version of Jonas. But at least he's young and has some exciting qualities, hopefully playing in a French forward line up will bring out the best in him.

Guest pont-toon

the froggie hacks are speculating that nufc will pay the same fee as Man Utd paid "le girondins de bordeaux - 3.5million euros

:facepalm:

Jack Flash syndrome, where you're not allowed to make the most minimal of judgements on a player until they're closing in on that testimonial.

:lol: Knew you'd be straight in. There's no way on earth the people on here have seen enough of Obertan to make such damning judgements on him. How many matches has he started in England against decent teams? 1 or 2?

the froggie hacks are speculating that nufc will pay the same fee as Man Utd paid "le girondins de bordeaux - 3.5million euros

:spit:

Ah God, if that's the case then it just fits with every other activity in this fucking transfer window.  My fucking God! :lol:

Jack Flash syndrome, where you're not allowed to make the most minimal of judgements on a player until they're closing in on that testimonial.

:lol: Knew you'd be straight in. There's no way on earth the people on here have seen enough of Obertan to make such damning judgements on him. How many matches has he started in England against decent teams? 1 or 2?

Who are you to say anyway? I haven't seen him alot but I've seen him enough to come to a conclusion. He is shit, and you'll know that yourself sooner rather than later if he signs for us.

Probs posted but mail reckon £3m. 5 year deal.

They seem pretty convinced, assuming it's not simply a rehash of the RMC story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022942/Manchester-United-winger-Gabriel-Obertan-join-Newcastle.html

Manchester United winger Obertan agrees deal to join Newcastle

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:15 PM on 5th August 2011

Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan has agreed a five-year contract with Newcastle and will complete his move to Tyneside next week.

As revealed in Sportsmail yesterday, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew had targeted the French Under-21 international, who asked to leave Old Trafford in January.

Obertan, 22, has discussed personal terms with Newcastle and will sign on Monday for a fee of around £3m.

Tend to agree on this occasion for what it's worth, I've seen nowhere near enough to make a proper judgement on how good he is.

Tbh it's lush how the whole of England presumed Gabriel Obertan was fucking shit given the limited evidence available and we've seen beyond it and offered him a chance at a good Premier League club.  We've clearly seen something in him, he's clearly part of the plan.

This is some fucking Sibierski shit imo, lets hope it turns out as well as that did.  If we sign this guy then I feel even more shortchanged than I did, somehow.

Can't believe literally 95% think he's shit :lol:

I sense a few are saying that because you had your hopes set on N'Zogbia, and Obertan doesn't appear to be as good as him.

He's another body in and for all anyone knows, he could flourish a bit more if he's given more of a chance than he was at Man Utd, which he surely would be. People are free to air their opinions about him as a player but you'd think you were buying an inanimate object if you look at some of the comments on here.