Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest CheickMansour

Looks like his feet work faster than his brain.

Still, he put in a good - if flawed - performance. As said above, he's worth persisting with.

Think I watched a different guy to some on here. He appeared scared of the ball at times and his runs were always the same from the right wing to the left hand corner. It seemed strange that he didnt want to overlap down the right and stayed within 2 yards of anyone making runs down the right. This made it difficult especially for Simpson who made the runs by then had no one to give the ball to. He was the exact player I'd seen for Man U I'm really hoping getting games improves him but he's what I expected so far.

Think I watched a different guy to some on here. He appeared scared of the ball at times and his runs were always the same from the right wing to the left hand corner. It seemed strange that he didnt want to overlap down the right and stayed within 2 yards of anyone making runs down the right. This made it difficult especially for Simpson who made the runs by then had no one to give the ball to. He was the exact player I'd seen for Man U I'm really hoping getting games improves him but he's what I expected so far.

I thought the same as you, I wasn't too impressed.

Yeah, my mate texted me with "He's French, Has speed, And a lightbulb for a heed, Obertan, Obertan" the other day, not sure if it'll take off.

It's good, but if "he's black, he's great, he might be 28" couldn't get going for Martins, I don't think it stands a chance :(

:lol: Never heard of that.  My Habib Beye one had no chance despite its greatness, as it was just far too complex and multi-layered.

He's more or less exactly what I thought he would be from the description given by Froggy the Man U fan. I'm never convinced it's a good idea to buy someone without a good football brain and a possibly dodgy temperament, no matter how much ability they've got. Still, he's young and maybe he could develop under the right guidance.

agreed with toontastic. seen quite a bit of man utd reserves and he's not surprised me so far. still a bit pissed off we signed him, should've gone for far better players - hoilett, n'zogbia, barnetta, chung yong etc. he's an experiment. might come off, might not, probably won't know for a year.

Thought he had some bright moments. Offers us pace down the right wing and seems to have more end product than Routledge did. Still aspects of his game for him to improve on but I'm relatively happy with his performance today.

Thought he had some bright moments. Offers us pace down the right wing and seems to have more end product than Routledge did. Still aspects of his game for him to improve on but I'm relatively happy with his performance today.

If he was a direct replacement for Routledge I would have no complaints, but it looks like he's replacing Barton as things stand.

He has a bit of the Jonas-esque refusing to attack...he has the ability and the pace to beat a man but sometimes just refuses to and launches a pass back to Colo or Tiote...Jonas was much better today with this and go his head up a bit more, but Obertan dissapointed again...maybe he is destined to be an impact sub?

He has a bit of the Jonas-esque refusing to attack...he has the ability and the pace to beat a man but sometimes just refuses to and launches a pass back to Colo or Tiote...Jonas was much better today with this and go his head up a bit more, but Obertan dissapointed again...maybe he is destined to be an impact sub?

Isn't "impact player" just a handy euphemism to describe someone who can't cut it for the full 90 minutes? ???