Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

One thing I do really like about Obertan despite his lack of end product at present is his good touch added to sheer pace. Those things alone create threat, space and opportunities for the team. Hopefully if he can add consistency he'll prove to be a good signing.

He pops off some clever first time passes into forward areas as well. He's not like some wingers who have a tendency to hang onto the ball too long.

Obertan gets way too much abuse, and have always been. He isn´t worse than Jonas. He will only get better and is 100 times better than Routhledge ever have been in the PL.

Sure he needs to work at a few things. But he still has a lot of good attributes as hes speed and technique :yikes:

Guest Dontooner

Omg many actually do rate him based on his looks and body language , I guess . Young player with lots of room to develop ... He is French so when he looses the ball he sulks .... But try to look pass that he gives plenty to our right hand side and on counter attacks .

Actually. Only if it is a few games he has played I would say I can´t remember the last time we had such a good RW. A lot have complied, and rightly so, that we before only could attack at the left side, but now I would say Obertan is as strong as Jonas.

so if a team is marking Jonas we can use more of Obertan and vice verse. so it is looking very good, especially when our strongest attacking option this days is through the middle :smitten:

Positivity  :smitten:

At the moment he is still in the early day Best category, looks alright but shouldn't really be a first choice option. He is very young though and It's very likely he will improve with more games. That cross for Colo definitely gives hope that he can improve his end product.

Actually. Only if it is a few games he has played I would say I can´t remember the last time we had such a good RW. A lot have complied, and rightly so, that we before only could attack at the left side, but now I would say Obertan is as strong as Jonas.

so if a team is marking Jonas we can use more of Obertan and vice verse. so it is looking very good, especially when our strongest attacking option this days is through the middle :smitten:

You don't remember Solano?

Obertan is 22?! Holy shit he's going to be good.

:pokerface:

Obertan gets way too much abuse, and have always been. He isn´t worse than Jonas. He will only get better and is 100 times better than Routhledge ever have been in the PL.

Sure he needs to work at a few things. But he still has a lot of good attributes as hes speed and technique :yikes:

Guest Dontooner

Ferguson likes his wingers to be fast and direct...Ronaldo, Valencia , Nani , young , Obertan, Giggs ...they all are wingers that are difficult to catch once they dribble past a opposition. pretty much in the same mold...just with different capacities

Ferguson likes his wingers to be fast and direct...Ronaldo, Valencia , Nani , young , Obertan, Giggs ...they all are wingers that are difficult to catch once they dribble past a opposition. pretty much in the same mold...just with different capacities

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/115/267/Cool%20Story,%20Bro.jpg?1303182417

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wages, 35? More?

I hope he's paying us.

:lol:

Soz if you've already commented but what are your thoughts on his performance yesterday?

I have already commented.

Thought he was f***ing awful in the first half, embarrassing at times, 2nd half he was more than respectable, bordering on me saying he had a good 2nd half, but I won't say that about him. :bluestar:

I feel exactly the same way about your post. :p

I must have been watching a different game, thought he was easily one of our best players in the first half, absolutely everything was comi g down the right. I can understand frustration due to his lacking final ball and taking on players, It's clearly a confidence issue as he is already leaps and bounds better than his first game.

His short passing and link up play was very crisp and he looked eager to make things happen. Can certainly improve but as someone said frightening potential if he works out some of the kinks. The right was certainly working better than the left. Santon should rectify that.

You probably do, I watch a game where we have a right winger who can't control a ball, lacks confidence when trying to beat players, doesn't use his pace with any intelligence, with an end product that makes me weep on a consistent basis.

He improved on all aspects after half time, and he is improving on a game by game basis, but then he needs to.

He most definitely can control a ball. Very good technical ability imo.

Guest Dontooner

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/115/267/Cool%20Story,%20Bro.jpg?1303182417

Just my two cents, obviously he is the worst of the lot.... just hope he aint like rest of the Man united players we signed

Wages, 35? More?

I hope he's paying us.

:lol:

Soz if you've already commented but what are your thoughts on his performance yesterday?

I have already commented.

Thought he was f***ing awful in the first half, embarrassing at times, 2nd half he was more than respectable, bordering on me saying he had a good 2nd half, but I won't say that about him. :bluestar:

I feel exactly the same way about your post. :p

I must have been watching a different game, thought he was easily one of our best players in the first half, absolutely everything was comi g down the right. I can understand frustration due to his lacking final ball and taking on players, It's clearly a confidence issue as he is already leaps and bounds better than his first game.

His short passing and link up play was very crisp and he looked eager to make things happen. Can certainly improve but as someone said frightening potential if he works out some of the kinks. The right was certainly working better than the left. Santon should rectify that.

You probably do, I watch a game where we have a right winger who can't control a ball, lacks confidence when trying to beat players, doesn't use his pace with any intelligence, with an end product that makes me weep on a consistent basis.

He improved on all aspects after half time, and he is improving on a game by game basis, but then he needs to.

He most definitely can control a ball. Very good technical ability imo.

Well he's certainly never shown a first touch in his career so far.