Erik Pieters

Dave

Doubt it, they don't work weekends do they? Which is why the transfer window always ends on a week day.

No thats because of the bank holiday with transfer window.

When is this deadline day? Does Bank Holiday Monday push it back a day?

Perhaps we're talking to Cissokho's people again because Pieters is actually really injured?

He is?

Expected to miss their match on Sunday with a "thigh strain" (if he's still there by then).

Just putting two and two together.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Marcel Brands (PSV Sporting Director) expects Pieters to stay at PSV in contrast to English media reports

Guest dogbeak

i've not found a version of the story about marcel brands containing any quotes from the man - this and this have quotes from fred rutten saying he wants pieters to stay until euro 2012, and that he can win prizes at psv. not a recorded peep that i can find from brands though. the brabantse dagblad (regional paper) last mentioned the transfer on the 12th, but that might say more about the dutch media than the transfer.

anyway, here's the closest i can get to a bit of positivity instead:

'Zondag met PSV tegen Excelsior of al op de bank bij Newcastle United. Ik weet het niet. Ach, het is alleen maar mooi. Ik heb zelf nog weinig gezien van Newcastle United, maar mijn maatje Tim Krul houdt me op de hoogte.'

'This Sunday with PSV against Excelsior, or on the bench for Newcastle. I don't know. It's just beautiful [crap translation there]. I've not seen much of Newcastle United myself, but my mate Tim Krul has filled me in'

Rutten hopes Pieters

PSV coach Fred Rutten would remain in left-Pieters welcome. "We're two years ago, a process started with Erik. I would like to continue working with him the European Championship. When I compare him with exactly one year ago, Erik will jump to a higher level. In the Netherlands he would play football for awards, but in the Premier League you have to worry of course. If you do not perform two or three games, you sit on the bench, "said Rutten in the AD.

Rutten hopes Pieters

PSV coach Fred Rutten would remain in left-Pieters welcome. "We're two years ago, a process started with Erik. I would like to continue working with him the European Championship. When I compare him with exactly one year ago, Erik will jump to a higher level. In the Netherlands he would play football for awards, but in the Premier League you have to worry of course. If you do not perform two or three games, you sit on the bench, "said Rutten in the AD.

Except at a club where there is no other left back.