Erik Pieters

Dave

I agree on the Pieters thing but the answer to the who else other than Obertan question is N'Zogbia.

That's not to say I'm not happy with Obertan, I am excited to see what he can do, its just if we were more willing to spend we could have gotten real proven quality.

Of course N'Zogbia would have been a great signing but I genuinely think we'd have made a move towards the end of the transfer window for him, his price would have dropped by that point.

Villa paid over the odds for a player who's contract was up in the summer. The sad thing about it all is that I think Charlie really wanted to come back home :(

Guest sicko2ndbest

I agree on the Pieters thing but the answer to the who else other than Obertan question is N'Zogbia.

That's not to say I'm not happy with Obertan, I am excited to see what he can do, its just if we were more willing to spend we could have gotten real proven quality.

I'm not struck on nzogbia. I think obertan has the tools to be as/more effective given time

Where do you suggest we find a LB of Enrique's quality?

Pieters could turn out to be just as good. It's not like we're looking at Neil Taylor as a replacement.

Also, Enrique doesn't want to be here. He's made that clear for a long time now. I think we're handling this pretty well - making sure we get a fair price, finding a replacement before he's gone, etc.

Replacement for Enrique: Cheikh M'Bengue.

Also, we should've had a contingency plan in place a long long time ago.

How much have you watched Cheikh M'Bengue?

How much have you watched Erik Pieters?

I haven't seen any of them play. My response were purely based on what other members have said on here (in regard to their abilities). Thus, Cheikh M'Bengue sounds like a 'safer' bet than Erik Pieters if we are talking about replacing Enrique.

Who said we shouldn't buy Pieters. ???

Another rant for fuck all.

Aye alright nobody directly said we shouldn't buy him, that was wrong but there have been a few negative quotes

Not seen a lot of Pieters, but I've never been impressed. Hope to be wrong though.

PSV fans don't seem to be that arsed.

I've seen plenty of him and he is not that good. The fact that he's in the Dutch team doesn't mean anything, except Holland has no capable LB. Average, maybe decent at best.

from what I`ve read on a few Dutch forums, he`s pretty average and probably just the best of an average bunch of left backs the Netherlands have. They are hoping Van Aarnholt makes the step up....would rather we went for the latter but probably not realistic (loan at most)

For the record, it wasn't 'another rant for fuck all'. Why do you think it was? It just may have been better aired in the Obertan thread were it would be more relevant.

Would not have a problem with this lad coming in as Enrique's understudy, learning his trade this season in the League Cup, against weaker teams etc.

When Enrique goes on a free next summer, the club should assess whether he is ready to step up to become our first-choice LB, or if we need a more experienced replacement.

Would not have a problem with this lad coming in as Enrique's understudy, learning his trade this season in the League Cup, against weaker teams etc.

When Enrique goes on a free next summer, the club should assess whether he is ready to step up to become our first-choice LB, or if we need a more experienced replacement.

Keep dreaming Fella. It's a one in, one out policy from here on in, with the exception of the planned striker.

In what world would this guy ever choose that over first choice LB for Holland and PSV?

In what world would this guy ever choose that over first choice LB for Holland and PSV?

Oh, thought he was second choice at PSV...

In that case, we can only realistically sign him if Enrique is sold.

Know nothing about him, knew nothing about Enrique, Knew nothing about Tiote

Think I will give him a chance

Sensible attitude :)

I had seen Nicky Butt and Alan Smith play and thought they were good signings :)

If we are to sign this lad, i would hope it would be after a farewell appearance from Jose on saturday. Wouldn't like to throw this lad in against Arsenal, and in particular Gervinho.

Gervinho will play on left for them against back, back, back the fuck up.  Walcott will probably make a miraculous recovery though

If we are to sign this lad, i would hope it would be after a farewell appearance from Jose on saturday. Wouldn't like to throw this lad in against Arsenal, and in particular Gervinho.

Gervinho will play on left for them against back, back, back the f*** up.  Walcott will probably make a miraculous recovery though

Can he even play there? He played RW for Lille and socred 15 goals, and he plays there all the time for Ivory Coast.

Gervinho will play on left for them against back, back, back the f*** up.  Walcott will probably make a miraculous recovery though

Can he even play there? He played RW for Lille and socred 15 goals, and he plays there all the time for Ivory Coast.

The pre season games I have seen, he has played on left like. I know he played right for Lille but just how it seems wenger is playing him