Erik Pieters

Dave

If we are to sign this lad, i would hope it would be after a farewell appearance from Jose on saturday. Wouldn't like to throw this lad in against Arsenal, and in particular Gervinho.

Gervinho will play on left for them against back, back, back the f*** up.  Walcott will probably make a miraculous recovery though

Can he even play there? He played RW for Lille and socred 15 goals, and he plays there all the time for Ivory Coast.

He played on the left against Benfica.

My mate who watches alot of Dutch football, and football in general, says he isn't as good as Enrique going forward, but is a very good defender, he reckons he will be a great signing for us.

Good stuff.

My mate who watches alot of Dutch football, and football in general, says he isn't as good as Enrique going forward, but is a very good defender, he reckons he will be a great signing for us.

Canny.

got to say i like to think i have an ok grasp of the euro leagues, knew a good bit about cabaye, a bit about merveaux before we were even rumoured.....but this kid ? i'd heard the name but had no idea if we was a forward,defender,left footed,right footed,physical,speedster,lesbian or dog trainer.

You'd like to think a deal is done if Enrique is a goner.

Mark Douglas seems to think so.

Really hope we get him in before Saturday. Can't say I'd be content with Tavernier/Dummett/Raylor/Perch starting at left back on Saturday (if Ferguson is back by Saturday and starts though, then that is somewhat acceptable).

Guest bimpy474

It seems to be 'when not if' with this, which is positive, but I'm worried about the Arsenal game. Who the f***'s gonna play left-back if we're left short?

Ryan Taylor.

Oh dear god.

Annoying,need him in asap if Enrique is off. Would prefer Enrique to stay until after the Mackems game tbh.

Not sure its going to be in the lads best interest to be thrown in against Arsenal then the Mackems, one mistake and fans will rip a hole in his ass the size of the internet. Not ideal.

Even if he's 'Holland's Glen Johnson' as such, first choice left back for the world's second best team is a nice, positive move.

we bought the worlds best teams centre forward once.

Touché.  :lol:

i felt like eeyore whilst typing that. to be fair, as i saqid earlier i know nowt about the lad so i'm hoping he's very good.