Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

the tube

"Erik Pieters poort Figo (Pieters tricks Figo)"

mmmm josetastic

Also, "Erik Pieters Shuffle HD"

jajaja

:lol:

Sun says £7m for him

The Sun obviously don't know he has a clause.

pretty unusual for PSV to have release  clauses in their player`s contracts as they usually buy up the best talents and sell them on for massive profits.....so 5m euros seems really low to me if true.

Krul - Toon want Pieters

Newcastle keeper confirms club interest

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey.  Last Updated: August 9, 2011 9:07am

Pieters: Tipped for move and the PSV full-back is wanted by Newcastle

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul has confirmed that the club are looking to sign his Dutch compatriot Erik Pieters.

With the future of current left-back Jose Enrique anything but certain, Newcastle have been looking at alternatives.

They failed to finalise a deal for Swansea's Neil Taylor and have now turned their attentions to PSV Eindhoven's Pieters.

Speaking in Holland as he prepares for Wednesday's friendly with England, Krul confirmed that Newcastle wanted to sign his friend Pieters.

"We are interested," the Magpies goalkeeper told De Telegraaf.

"The coach himself and the assistants have already seen a few matches of PSV and the question now is whether the clubs can work it out.

"Our current left-back Enrique has a contract that expires, however, he won't sign and is interesting many clubs."

Krul admits he would love for Pieters to join him on Tyneside, adding: "Erik is my friend since we played together at the World Championships in Peru in 2005.

"From then we have always kept in touch, regularly send text messages and if possible we get together."

Pieters was due to link up with the Dutch squad but he has been given compassionate leave after the death of his grandmother, while reports suggest he could finalise a move to Newcastle before the weekend.

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul has confirmed that the club are looking to sign his Dutch compatriot Erik Pieters.

With the future of current left-back Jose Enrique anything but certain, Newcastle have been looking at alternatives.

They failed to finalise a deal for Swansea's Neil Taylor and have now turned their attentions to PSV Eindhoven's Pieters.

Speaking in Holland as he prepares for Wednesday's friendly with England, Krul confirmed that Newcastle wanted to sign his friend Pieters.

"We are interested," the Magpies goalkeeper told De Telegraaf.

"The coach himself and the assistants have already seen a few matches of PSV and the question now is whether the clubs can work it out.

"Our current left-back Enrique has a contract that expires, however, he won't sign and is interesting many clubs."

Krul admits he would love for Pieters to join him on Tyneside, adding: "Erik is my friend since we played together at the World Championships in Peru in 2005.

"From then we have always kept in touch, regularly send text messages and if possible we get together."

Pieters was due to link up with the Dutch squad but he has been given compassionate leave after the death of his grandmother, while reports suggest he could finalise a move to Newcastle before the weekend.

Anyone got the inside track on him?

Anyone got any links to psv fansites?

From the teeny weeny bits I have seen he looks very very defensively minded not your attacking fulback who willl get goals

From the teeny weeny bits I have seen he looks very very defensively minded not your attacking fulback who willl get goals

Not many do to be fair.

Not necessarily bad with the midfield we'll be playing this season!

can't say that's a bad thing when we have cabaye and tiote for midfield and then hba, marveuax, obertan, ba likely to be playing...solid fullback might be just the ticket

Not necessarily bad with the midfield we'll be playing this season!

beat me to it :thup: