Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Guest Heneage

Tbf that is a lot of money for a left back coming off a bad season :lol:

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that s***!!

I do realise the Dutch lad is now apparently "not for sale", but we might just up the offer by 100,000 Sports Direct mugs and seal the deal.

Was Pieters gagging to come? He seemed a little melancholy by it all.

Guest bimpy474

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that s***!!

I do realise the Dutch lad is now apparently "not for sale", but we might just up the offer by 100,000 Sports Direct mugs and seal the deal.

Was Pieters gagging to come? He seemed a little melancholy by it all.

He's Dutchy, just laid back is all ;)

Agree with this.

At any decent club with ambitious owners, we'd have both on planes first thing tomorrow morning.

There's more chance of us winning the cup than there is of us raising our offer for Pieters :undecided:

So one could warm the bench?

We only play with one fullback like?

They're both left backs.

If we aren't spending on a striker (and I refuse to believe that to be the case just yet), what would be the harm in improving another area of the squad for less overall outlay?

I know people will think I'm crackers given the way we've looked up top so far, but I could forgive Macheda on loan if we actually brought in Pieters and Santon, for example.

However, as I've said elsewhere if it does turn out to be Macheda and Santon and no bugger else then it's an absolute disgrace.

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that shit!!

I bought last year's top from Sports Direct's website but the daft fuckers sent me an extra large.  I took it back and got my money back.  I kept the free Sports Direct mug that they sent me though.  I am up on the deal and it feels good.  I laugh about it now but Ashley's probably noticed the missing mug and this summer could well be my fault.  So I'm sorry lads.

Agree with this.

At any decent club with ambitious owners, we'd have both on planes first thing tomorrow morning.

There's more chance of us winning the cup than there is of us raising our offer for Pieters :undecided:

They're both left backs.

Santon is a right-back first and foremost, man. He only played LB for Inter because they had Maicon.

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that shit!!

I bought last year's top from Sports Direct's website but the daft fuckers sent me an extra large.  I took it back and got my money back.  I kept the free Sports Direct mug that they sent me though.  I am up on the deal and it feels good.  I laugh about it now but Ashley's probably noticed the missing mug and this summer could well be my fault.  So I'm sorry lads.

I too have a gigantic Sports Direct mug. I think 100,000 of them could really impress PSV.

Agree with this.

They're both left backs.

Santon is a right-back, man. He only played LB for Inter because they had Maicon.

Regardless, he's played left back for almost the entirety of his senior career though, it has to be classed as his primary position. We've bought him to play there.

Just a guess here, but I believe that 15 million would be more than any other team in the Premiership paid for their current left back. :lol: Mad price.

I have no issue with that.  Laugh at the asking price and move on.  But it appears like we've been trying to negotiate despite the fact we're probably unwilling to pay even half of the asking price.  It's typical current regime stuff.

Guest bimpy474

Agree with this.

I too have a gigantic Sports Direct mug. I think 100,000 of them could really impress PSV.

I now have two  :coolsmiley:

Agree with this.

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just a guess here, but I believe that 15 million would be more than any other team in the Premiership paid for their current left back. :lol: Mad price.

I have no issue with that.  Laugh at the asking price and move on.  But it appears like we've been trying to negotiate despite the fact we're probably unwilling to pay even half of the asking price.  It's typical current regime stuff.

Much prefer sticking to a set value in mind, rather than Freddy Shepard's way of giving them whatever they ask for +£5m. I mean, this isn't so much aimed at you, but I get the impression people won't be happy unless Ashley does a good old fashioned 'Trophy Signing'.

'But what if we paid you...

TEN MIIIIIIIILLION DOLLARS!?!?'

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/92/48253135.jpg

Agree with this.

They're both left backs.

Santon is a right-back, man. He only played LB for Inter because they had Maicon.

Regardless, he's played left back for almost the entirety of his senior career though, it has to be classed as his primary position. We've bought him to play there.

Fair enough way of looking at it, I suppose, although I do think it's slightly narrow-minded to label him solely as a "left-back" though, with the main reason being that he's right-footed. Would be interesting to know where he preferred to play, as he may enjoy being able to cut inside.

Acceptable at the start of the window, moronic at the end.

Guest bimpy474

Acceptable at the start of the window, moronic at the end.

:sadnod:

Agree with this.

They're both left backs.

Fair enough way of looking at it, I suppose, although I do think it's slightly narrow-minded to label him solely as a "left-back" though, with the main reason being that he's right-footed. Would be interesting to know where he preferred to play, as he may enjoy being able to cut inside.

Aye, would be lovely to buy Pieters and switch Santon to right back but we'll have bought Santon to play on the left. Like you say would be interesting to know which is his preferred position.

I really want a left-footer at left back, especially if Jonas is going to be in-front of him.

I just want two geet massive (well, six-foot plus) fullbacks who can contribute a bit going forwards while not being totally devoid of defensive ability.

Surely not too much to ask after the constant conveyor belt of dirge I've had to watch play there for us over the years (in the main)?

I really want a left-footer at left back, especially if Jonas is going to be in-front of him.

I just want two geet massive (well, six-foot plus) fullbacks who can contribute a bit going forwards while not being totally devoid of defensive ability.

Surely not too much to ask after the constant conveyor belt of dirge I've had to watch play there for us over the years (in the main)?

Aye.

I just want a striker who can score a shit load of goals and not some 16 year old Jonny Foreigner who has scored 2 goals in 70 appearances and "plays brilliantly off the striker".

Wtf is the point of buying someone to play off the striker if you don't have a striker for that player to play off of :angry:

I cannot think of any 6'2 plus fullbacks. I don't think there is even one non-keeper in our squad currently that is above 6'2. That is very large for a footballer and giagantagious for a fullback.

Agree that it's large for a full-back in relative terms, but we do have quite a few outfield players above 6'2".