Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Chronicle saying we're still trying to sign him.

It says we are keeping a few options in the air so we have alternatives if our primary target doesn't come off. So if the Santon deal goes through then this will be dead IMO. I am pretty sure we won't sign two full backs permanently, best we can hope for is a loan bid for left back.

It says we are keeping a few options in the air so we have alternatives if our primary target doesn't come off. So if the Santon deal goes through then this will be dead IMO. I am pretty sure we won't sign two full backs permanently, best we can hope for is a loan bid for left back.

It says that we had officials in France over the weekend so guess it's a bit more than keeping a few options open.

It says that we had officials in France over the weekend so guess it's a bit more than keeping a few options open.

How I read it is we we flew over there hoping to tie up a deal but it didn't go through. I'm guessing we've moved on to Santon since then but obviously I'll be chuffed if we are still in for both.

Santon, Cissokho and possibly Muntari...must be closer to 20million! Can't be possible that Ashley is throwing so much money away :yikes:

The rest of us would regard it as investing.

Santon, Cissokho and possibly Muntari...must be closer to 20million! Can't be possible that Ashley is throwing so much money away :yikes:

Probably just given up on the striker and spending it on other areas instead after Besty's double yesterday.

The rest of us would regard it as investing.

It should be considered so but taking a look in the past it seems like Ashley's been making the club a more appealing target investment wise by getting rid of most of the highly paid players. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been taking back some of the money he's loaned to the club so far.

Probably just given up on the striker and spending it on other areas instead after Besty's double yesterday.

Strikers still are the weakest part of the team by far! All of our forwards are way too similar in style(Shola, Ba, Best, Ranger)...immobile, slow and lazy. Is it really that hard to see what's missing out there? Spend some money on a fast striker with a proven goal scoring record but not neccesarily in the Premier League or any other top flight league. Ishmael Miller worth a try? Wouldn't cost a fortune either...

TWO Leftbacks? WTF? This is insano land. Either they're both fake or both bizarrely true in an "only-under-Ashley" kinda way.

Santon is a natural right full back...not left but can play there as well. He's right footed

Strikers still are the weakest part of the team by far! All of our forwards are way too similar in style(Shola, Ba, Best, Ranger)...immobile, slow and lazy. Is it really that hard to see what's missing out there? Spend some money on a fast striker with a proven goal scoring record but not neccesarily in the Premier League or any other top flight league. Ishmael Miller worth a try? Wouldn't cost a fortune either...

So much to pick apart from that post :lol:

I am sure people see 'tall, black' and conclude 'slow, lazy and immobile' :lol:

surely signing Santon means we're not going for Cissokho? Santon can play both sides and is two-footed so therefore a replacement for Enrique?...

He's right footed and really is more of a right back than a left back but can play there, getting both would honestly give us one of the best.. dare i say if not THE best defence in the league at least in terms of who we've got starting.

However we'll get neither and Ryan Taylor will spend the rest of the season a left-back.

Well...Miller is tall and black as well :) and fast

He's also fucking shit.

He's also f***ing s***.

And just signed for Forest.

He's also f***ing s***.

Hmmm...that's about our standard then.

I have no idea who is good enough for us....how about Lucas Barrios....oh I know one guy! Klaas-Jan Huntelaar...I hate him because he's so damn good at scoring goals! against my favourite teams

TWO Leftbacks? WTF? This is insano land. Either they're both fake or both bizarrely true in an "only-under-Ashley" kinda way.

Santon is a natural right full back...not left but can play there as well. He's right footed

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN. Even better. Makes me feel all warm inside now. Competition for Simpson!

Beat me to it.  It's a pet hate of mine, keep reading that they're similar, when in reality, Ba, Best and Strolla are very diferent players.