Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Guest bimpy474

Hold on, this guy and Roux, we might be getting the two players we needed after all. I guess it's too much to ask for a replacement for Barton.

We need a Carroll replacement more than we need Roux tbh.

Roux in, Løven and Ranger out. Another striker in.

I see two big holes in this argument...

Was more me writing up my wishes, rather than an argument.

Best off sending that to Jim'll fix it, worth a try like.

May have already been posted......

Aly Cissokho likely to play for the last time at the Stade Gerland in the jersey of Olympique Lyonnais on Saturday evening at the reception in Montpellier. According to the British press, the leaders of Newcastle and those of the OL plan to address this weekend the final details of the transfer of defender, now expected Monday in England to pass his medical examination. The protracted discussions still on the price of Cissokho, 10 th round, but especially on the payment terms. Jean-Michel Aulas wants indeed receive the money directly, while his counterpart in Newcastle want him, that much of the amount is based on performance-related bonus of defender of the OL. But both sides seem to want to quickly find a solution able to accommodate everyone.

Aly Cissokho likely to play for the last time at the Stade Gerland in the jersey of Olympique Lyonnais on Saturday evening at the reception in Montpellier. According to the British press, the leaders of Newcastle and those of the OL plan to address this weekend the final details of the transfer of defender, now expected Monday in England to pass his medical examination. The protracted discussions still on the price of Cissokho, 10 th round, but especially on the payment terms. Jean-Michel Aulas wants indeed receive the money directly, while his counterpart in Newcastle want him, that much of the amount is based on performance-related bonus of defender of the OL. But both sides seem to want to quickly find a solution able to accommodate everyone.

Where's this from?

Aye, Chinese whispers gone mad.

Actually I'm certain they're quoting Talk Sport. The Foot01 article

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/cissokho-attendu-lundi-a-newcastle,76287

"According to the English press....talks ongoing over how the fee is paid".

Which is what the Talk Sport article says, and they're saying "According to reports in France"....

which I'm guessing came from France Football quoted here...

http://www.olympique-et-lyonnais.com/mercato/mercato-cissokho-fixe-lundi,23079.html

Which just says that Lyon are holding talks with the player himself about his future on Monday, no particular mention of Newcastle.

Where's this from?

from foot01.com, but pretty much every french news site is reporting it.

Guest BigTrev

Above article contradicts MA's previous transfer policy..He prefers to pay the whole amount upfront..

not really cause we use to pay say 2 mil a year performance based means if we get higher up the league or win something we will pay more

Wish I fkn wasn't back, had a brilliant week away, amazing what a break from all things NUFC can do for you.. well apart from watching the Carling Cup game but the fact I was in a cracking little boozer eased the pain of that performance