Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Linked with him again in Lequipe

It seems we hang fire until the deal is on our terms! 3rd window lucky??

Newcastle or Juventus it says. Has he mentioned a preference for playing in England in the past?

Is he any good these days? There was a lot of talk in January that he was in very poor form?

He has been benched at Lyon, he has been in very poor form for a very long time...... he's still living off the hype from his Porto days id rather we stay away tbh.

Guest VaVaVoom

Is he any good these days? There was a lot of talk in January that he was in very poor form?

He has been benched at Lyon, he has been in very poor form for a very long time...... he's still living off the hype from his Porto days id rather we stay away tbh.

Ability wise he is a quality LB. Id be happy if we got him but i think Pieters would be my 1st choice.

Ability wise he is a quality LB. Id be happy if we got him but i think Pieters would be my 1st choice.

Yh that's right but you are hoping the fact you can help him get back to his best level...... i know we did the same with Ben Arfa and look like we are on a similar track with Santon but i question now we are in the top 6 we will take the risk again?

Talent wise he is a quality LB but mentally and physichally he has been stagnating for a while now.....

Maybe a change of scenary could help him like it could be argued it did with Santon and Ben Arfa but i wonder if we are willing to take a big risk like that for the 3rd time.....

I fancy Nicolai Boilesen from Ajax. That rumour the other day got me all excited.

Why? He's barely played for Ajax - Erik Pieters for me.

debuchy and leave santon where he is.

I've heard mixed reviews of Pieters actually. I think Debuchy would be the safest bet (keeping Santon on the left), the only thing with that would be nice to get Santon on his good side.

I've heard mixed reviews of Pieters actually. I think Debuchy would be the safest bet (keeping Santon on the left), the only thing with that would be nice to get Santon on his good side.

how's it his good side ?

Well he's right footed so having him on the right would be better for him.

why did no-one tell maldini that, quick on the phone to bayern munich and tell them that about lahm.

I've actually warmed in the past couple weeks to keeping Santon on the left, he offers something different when he bombs forward from left back and then cuts inside, most defenders don't seem to know what to do with him. Wouldn't mind seeing him behind a more conventional winger like Marveaux.

I've actually warmed in the past couple weeks to keeping Santon on the left, he offers something different when he bombs forward from left back and then cuts inside, most defenders don't seem to know what to do with him,

he also defends well there. i can see more defenders playing on their supposed wrong sides due to the way the game is going and width not being used to hit the by-line in that way.

edit...not saying he wouldn't be better on the right, just i've seen nothing to really suggest it, a bit more confidence and his cutting in could have had a few goals for him theis season as he's drifted in to good shooting positions from which he's laid it off.

why did no-one tell maldini that, quick on the phone to bayern munich and tell them that about lahm.

Bayern already know. That's why they play Alaba at left back.

How is Santon's crossing btw?

So far he has looked very dangerous cutting in from the right, and despite the claim that "it's predictable that he will want to come inside on his right foot" that hasn't been the case, he's been finding space with ease.

Fair enough that's a good point and he is doing well on the left, i'd just like to see him get a go on the right, he came on against Tottenham (home) for Simpson and i thought he was good on the right. It's obviously very limited, but its just something imo I wouldn't mind seeing again.

after how long ? isn't that more due to alaba not being comfortable on the right as opposed to lahm being no good there.

after how long ? isn't that more due to alaba not being comfortable on the right as opposed to lahm being no good there.

Yeah. I was just being a twat!

I've actually warmed in the past couple weeks to keeping Santon on the left, he offers something different when he bombs forward from left back and then cuts inside, most defenders don't seem to know what to do with him. Wouldn't mind seeing him behind a more conventional winger like Marveaux.

Agreed.

Yeah. I was just being a t***!

something i would never stoop to. :whistle:

Another plus point to Santon on the left is it gives him the opportunity to cut inside to either shoot or create for others like he did for Cisse against Chelsea.....

Quite frankly we should just get the best fullback we possibly can, as iam confident in Santon on the right or left.

Guest Shaun

I fancy Nicolai Boilesen from Ajax. That rumour the other day got me all excited.

Why? He's barely played for Ajax - Erik Pieters for me.

He's been injured and is only 20.

Boilesen is the full package from what I've seen.

Good speed, tackling and passing.

despite captainhaircut playing the twat what he says is correct. we are in a good position in that santon could play either side (like lahm), i'd much rather debuchy and santon than santon and either pieters or cissoko