Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

This is what I was getting at regarding the apparent bid for Morrison. If we really want this lad, use that money to make sure we get him rather than gambling on a tosser in a position we don't even need.

This is what I was getting at regarding the apparent bid for Morrison. If we really want this lad, use that money to make sure we get him rather than gambling on a tosser in a position we don't even need.

:thup:

Sorting out the lack of depth in defence is vital. To have two good full backs would be the stuff of dreams.

Still not convinced we are remotely interested.

Most probably a smokescreen spread by the club-controlled local media, but £8.5m would be a great price for the player.

Pieters was cheaper, and was seemingly more versatile... I would bet good money this isn't happening.

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/lyon/aulas-refuse-de-brader-cissokho-a-newcastle,83067

Quotes from Le Parisien.

Anyone have a gauge on what french media outlets are respectable? I would be guessing at RMC and L'equipe, but the rest seem hit and miss.

Le Parisien could be compared to the Metro. Right of centre (in my opinion), written for the masses and full of shite about 'celebrities'. Transfer stories are about as reliable as the Metro's too....

Le Monde and Le Figaro have good sport columns.

We'll not see it like that though. The way we'll see this deal is probably more along the lines of (Potential Profit - €8m) v (Potential Profit - €10m) as opposed to (Transfer Budget - €8m) v (Transfer Budget - €10m).

This is very typical of us under Ashley isn't it? Offer a decent amount, but one that's too low by a couple of million and then be too stubborn to stump up with the extra money to meet the actual valuation of a player.

It also carries direct quotes from the agent so pisses on Metro straight away...then again this is a smokescreen released to our local press of course by the club. :lol:

I don't see any quotes from the agent Nut? You got a link to that?

Was thinking the same...