Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Guest CheickMansour

Happy with that team - Ba deserves a place on the bench after last week. Obertan will add some pace, someone for Cabaye and Barton to hit.

Last week we had nothing from the left becuase Jonas isn't anywhere near as effective going forward without Enrique, and not alot from the right without Carroll in the box for Barton to hit.

We were solid defensively, a change to add a bit of width and pace in attack is a good one IMO

Unchanged team for the Mackems. Only 2 new players. This is the team thats been getting stuffed every week since January. If they start as poorly as they did last week their crowd will get edgy (like last year) our midfield will control it - it is better than theirs - and they will crumble.

Good point  :thup:

Obertan is an unkown entity them as well as us. Has the pace to hurt them, just hope he rises to the occasion as he's the closest thing we've got to Ben Arfa and someone to really put defenders on the back foot.

Aye, I suppose Wes Brown didn't see much of him last season.

Very good, people might complain about Ba on the bench, but they all need time to gel no better way then to introduce couple at the time. Ba, Obertan, Marveaux will all play massive part this season, no need to rush them all at once.

Agreed..Except the lb it's a decent line up..And Shola must start because of his history against sland, and his defensive abilities..

Aye.... all that tracking back he does.

I think he was referring more to his defending from set pieces

Guest sicko2ndbest

4-3-3?

Barton Cheick Cabaye

Obertan                                Guti

Shola

?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Very good, people might complain about Ba on the bench, but they all need time to gel no better way then to introduce couple at the time. Ba, Obertan, Marveaux will all play massive part this season, no need to rush them all at once.

Agreed..Except the lb it's a decent line up..And Shola must start because of his history against sland, and his defensive abilities..

Aye.... all that tracking back he does.

I think he was referring more to his defending from set pieces

I know. :)

4-3-3?

Barton Cheick Cabaye

Obertan                                 Guti

Shola

?

Doubt that.

Could also be Obertan on the right, Barton centre mid and Cabaye as offensive midfielder like Pardew wanted it after he brought on Obertan against Arsenal.

Not sure how Cabaye will go missing today when he put in a sterling effort against a much better team last weekend?

Missing is the last thing I think he'll be. He'll show his class today, he's a step above anyone else in that area of the pitch in terms of quality and ability.

4-3-3?

Barton Cheick Cabaye

Obertan                                 Guti

Shola

?

Would be surprised if he went with that

Think it will be Obertan off Shola, that way Jonas can still provide protection to Raylor