L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest ykmkmdd

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7138213,00.html?

Sochaux have confirmed that Newcastle have moved for Modibo Maiga while they are in 'advanced' talks for Leeds United's Max Gradel.

The Magpies have been tracking the Mali international throughout the summer and are believed to have offered €8million (£7m) to secure his signature.

Sochaux chairman Alexander Lacombe is against losing one of the club's brightest talents as he looks keep the team as competitive as possible.

However, he has hinted the 23-year-old could depart should a replacement be found and the club are hopeful of landing talented winger Gradel.

Ready

Gradel is an Ivory Coast international and Leeds are ready to accept a transfer fee now rather than lose his services for free next summer when his deal expires.

The former Leicester City man has excelled since moving to Elland Road and is believed to be open to joining Sochaux in order to further his career.

"There has been an offer from them (Newcastle)," confirmed Lacombe. "But my goal is to maintain a competitive team.

"I won't sell Modibo without having found a replacement.

"We hope to finalise the deal," Lacombe added on Gradel. "It's a deal which is at an advanced stage."

Oh well, I suppose it's promising they are willing to let him go if they get a replacement and they think they are close to one.

Thought it was gonna be more "we will sell if we get a replacement, that Gradel might be worth a look".

If this transfer is pretty much reliant on Gradel moving to Sochaux, I really hope we've got a backup that we're working on incase the Gradel to Sochaux deal falls though. Thinking like that can't be too much to ask, can it? :undecided:

O0

Could see this lad being a bit Oba Martins MKII, but tbh even if he is I'd rather play Oba Martins MKII than Peter Lovenkrands MKI.

pretty much agree on this the further away the better with Lovenpants ,pretty excited if it comes off but pretty much in the the dark on him but highly regarded non the less

Guest hobshobs

Hopefully it will crash and Nolan Roux is the backup choice. Got little belief in this lad. All his goals was quite dodgy sunday league goals tbf. Atleast from youtube. Might be able to show some more in actual play but who knows. Still preferr Roux or Papiss Cisse before this lad.

Still be 100 times better than 'no touch / no effort' Ameobi :)

Sochaux have confirmed that Newcastle have moved for Modibo Maiga while they are in 'advanced' talks for Leeds United's Max Gradel.

The Magpies have been tracking the Mali international throughout the summer and are believed to have offered €8million (£7m) to secure his signature.

Sochaux chairman Alexander Lacombe is against losing one of the club's brightest talents as he looks keep the team as competitive as possible.

However, he has hinted the 23-year-old could depart should a replacement be found and the club are hopeful of landing talented winger Gradel.

Ready

Gradel is an Ivory Coast international and Leeds are ready to accept a transfer fee now rather than lose his services for free next summer when his deal expires.

The former Leicester City man has excelled since moving to Elland Road and is believed to be open to joining Sochaux in order to further his career.

"There has been an offer from them (Newcastle)," confirmed Lacombe. "But my goal is to maintain a competitive team.

"We hope to finalise the deal," Lacombe added on Gradel. "It's a deal which is at an advanced stage."

What a novel idea - finding a replacement first before selling a player.

Please, please, please.

Get this done today along with Santon then tomorrow we can sit back and have faint hope we sign a replacement for Barton and a defender. We should definitely take advantage of the loan market more. Get Paddy back from Chelsea, Onuoha from City and our defence looks mint.

Sorry, got a bit excitable.

Please, please, please.

Get this done today along with Santon then tomorrow we can sit back and have faint hope we sign a replacement for Barton and a defender. We should definitely take advantage of the loan market more. Get Paddy back from Chelsea, Onuoha from City and our defence looks mint.

you're right though

Please, please, please.

common sense isn't welcome 'round these parts, go have a word with yourself..

Was against this signing because I really want Roux, but I'm scared of Macheda now. So yes, lets get this done please.

You sometimes have to wonder if it really is the club at work :lol:

Not happy with Maiga?

Carlton Cole is still available you know..

Yeah, thought so

:troll:

Ready

What a novel idea - finding a replacement first before selling a player.

Let them have Lövenkrands

Was against this signing because I really want Roux, but I'm scared of Macheda now. So yes, lets get this done please.

You sometimes have to wonder if it really is the club at work :lol:

Not happy with Maiga?

Carlton Cole is still available you know..

Yeah, thought so

:troll:

:lol: was about to post something like this but with the rage comics 'Okay' guy at the end.