L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Leeds should move for Smith now to compensate for this bitter blow. Lovenkrands as well, as somebody has mentioned.

Might as well complete the holy trinity with Perch, to be honest.

Guest Heneage

aye, from leeds site:

Leeds United have reluctantly accepted an offer from French club Saint-Etienne for Max Gradel.

The player submitted a transfer request earlier on Tuesday, stating his desire to secure a move to his 'native' France and play at the highest level for his career development.

The player is to undertake a medical examination on Wednesday and the fee will remain undisclosed.

I like how they put 'native' France. Wiki says he was born in Ivory Coast.

I just don't see us signing a striker tomorrow. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think it's all going to come too late.

At least the window shuts at 11pm so most of the day can be used but I'm not going to hold my breath (even though my fingers will be crossed.)

I just don't see us signing a striker tomorrow. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think it's all going to come too late.

At least the window shuts at 11pm so most of the day can be used but I'm not going to hold my breath (even though my fingers will be crossed.)

I think there's still a deal possible but we'll have to be prepared to pay top whack. Clubs aren't going to lose their best strikers this late in the day unless we make it worth their while.

I hope Macheda is just the backup plan in case we can't get anyone else in. I know he'd be a massively underwhelming signing but I'd be glad we've got a contingency plan in place so we're not left with absolutely nowt.

I think there's still a deal possible but we'll have to be prepared to pay top whack. Clubs aren't going to lose their best strikers this late in the day unless we make it worth their while.

Thats why I'm hopeful for Nolan Roux. If this buyout clause exists, his value won't be rising tomorrow.

I'll be fucking ecstatic if we get a proper striker tomorrow, absolutely over the moon......but I fully expect Macheda to join on loan and us to struggle on upfront until January.

Signing a striker is the toughest of all transfers and it just becomes mental when you have basically a day to do it in.

I'll be f***ing ecstatic if we get a proper striker tomorrow, absolutely over the moon......but I fully expect Macheda to join on loan and us to struggle on upfront until January.

Signing a striker is the toughest of all transfers and it just becomes mental when you have basically a day to do it in.

I'd like to think we've done a fair bit of groundwork going into tomorrow.

Guest ItalianMagpie

It seems Sochaux finally accepted our offer, 9 million euros. The problem is that to let him go they first have to replace him, as he was a key player for them and literally dragged them to Europa League. If they manage to do it by tomorrow, he will join us. :coolsmiley:

It seems Sochaux finally accepted our offer, 9 million euros. The problem is that to let him go they first have to replace him, as he was a key player for them and literally dragged them to Europa League. If they manage to do it by tomorrow, he will join us. :coolsmiley:

Link?

Link?

This is what have been said all day.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

French outfit St Etienne claim to have reached an agreement with Leeds for highly-rated winger Max Gradel. bit.ly/rg0pMn

Link?

Can we not just offer Twat Ranger in a part ex, and just lie about how good he is a la Ali Dia?

Guest WashyGeordie

Link?

Can we not just offer t*** Ranger in a part ex, and just lie about how good he is a la Ali Dia?

Or our experienced, international striker, Peter Lovenkrands.

Link?

Can we not just offer t*** Ranger in a part ex, and just lie about how good he is a la Ali Dia?

Or our experienced, international striker, Peter Lovenkrands.

No chance. Loven got homesick in Germany, I doubt he'd travel further south than boro after that experience.