L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest mimifrench

Mimi, you've probably been asked this before but what are your thoughts on the player? I know very little about him

I also know little about him to tell the truth.

All i can say that he had a good season with Sochaux last year, played ("combined") well with the striker who was with him Ideye Brown. He is quite tecnic, he scored quite a good goals.

He scored 10 goals in 23 ligue 1 matches, which isn't bad at all.

Oh, and his agent clearly said last time that if he wanted to join Nufc, it was for the money lol. It is a unic opportunity to him to ensure a future to his family in Malia...

That's a bit exagerated i reckon.

Mimi, you've probably been asked this before but what are your thoughts on the player? I know very little about him

All i can say that he had a good season with Sochaux last year, played ("combined") well with the striker who was with him Ideye Brown. He is quite tecnic, he scored quite a good goals.

Oh, and his agent clearly said last time that if he wanted to join Nufc, it was for the money lol. It is a unic opportunity to him to ensure a future to his family in Malia...

That really doesn't bother me as long as he performs. Most players moving from France to the Premier league will be looking at the extra £££ as a big factor.

Sounds like a handy player, is he quick?

Guest mimifrench

I will only get excited if mimi approves of this transfer.

You do realise "mimi" is an Irish WUM from Donegal, right? ???

Don't put my username in quotation marks please.

If it is easier for you to imagine me like that, so let's do so... I know who i am and i really don't care about what you think i am "GM"

Guest bimpy474

If it is easier for you to imagine me like that, so let's do so... I know who i am and i really don't care about what you think i am "GM"

Meowwww :)

Guest mimifrench

Yes, from what i've seen from him.

Yes, from what i've seen from him.

I'm officially excited, bracing myself for crushing disappointment

Well, that's me told! :lol: :lol:

Ooh tu n'es pas un bagarreur! Je pense que je suis en amour! Me mordre!

Guest ToonUltra

ochaux have insisted that they will not be selling forward Modibo Maiga on transfer deadline day.

Newcastle had been hoping to land the 23-year-old, who had previously gone on strike to try and force through a move to the North East.

Sochaux, who earlier this month threatened to report Newcastle to Fifa, confirmed that they were considering a bid but the French club insisted that they would only sell if they had a replacement.

They wanted Leeds United's Max Gradel but he has opted for their Ligue 1 rivals St Etienne and that means Sochaux are not planning on letting Maiga leave.

"If we had found a successor, he would have gone," Sochaux chairman Alexander Lacombe said, admitting he could instead leave in January.

"If we find a replacement in December then, yes he could leave in the winter."

Lacombe admitted they failed to get Gradel, saying: "On the one hand it would have been a disadvantage as he is due to play in the African Cup of Nations.

"But it is up to Leeds, they are the selling club."