Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

he's a perfectly adequate keeper, won't in general be a disaster but there are better goalkeepers out there. Personally I wouldn't be opposed to him being the first choice as any time I've seen Darlow this season I've been less than impressed but don't think its that big a deal.

The thought of Elliot being first choice next season.  :suicide:

That's about as likely to happen as us winning the league is.

Or as likely as us winning the league with Elliot in goal as 1st choice. Is that a paradox?

Wouldn't be opposed to him being first choice? We went down the last time that happened. :lol:

Wtf is this, didn't he get player of the season and several man of the match displays?i can only think of one error against Everton which was hardly Darlows against Norwich levels of shitness

He's s*** man. :lol:

Sure I posted a link which proved the 'good shot stopper' thing wrong where he had the 3rd or 4th worst shots saved percentage along with the likes of Stekelenburg and Bunn.

Was wondering how long it be before u piped up, uve got an axe to grind against him for whatever reason!please list his errors last season

Not making errors doesn't make a good keeper man. Stoke away when Shaqiri hit one from outside the box, ball ended up a yard or two from Elliot, and he didn't move. That's not an 'error' in the way you think Darlow at Norwich for instance, it's just plain shite goalkeeping.

Sure I posted a link which proved the 'good shot stopper' thing wrong where he had the 3rd or 4th worst shots saved percentage along with the likes of Stekelenburg and Bunn.

Stats like that prove absolutely nothing tbf.

Nobody wants him first choice next season but he's an alright keeper. Hated by the internet for disliking its favourite son. As has been said, 3rd choice next year behind Darlow & a new keeper would be spot on.

Guest neesy111

Not making errors doesn't make a good keeper man. Stoke away when Shaqiri hit one from outside the box, ball ended up a yard or two from Elliot, and he didn't move. That's not an 'error' in the way you think Darlow at Norwich for instance, it's just plain shite goalkeeping.

His feet is made of lead at times, never comes of his line.

Stats like that prove absolutely nothing tbf.

Nobody wants him first choice next season but he's an alright keeper. Hated by the internet for disliking its favourite son. As has been said, 3rd choice next year behind Darlow & a new keeper would be spot on.

Exactly stats like that over a small sample size are irrelevant lee Grants a better keeper than Courtois?hes certainly no world beater and wouldn't want him 1st choice in the premier league but to say he had a s*** season last year is just bollocks!

U can't look at Stoke away when he was obviously blocked by a player and ignore Bournemouth away when made plenty of top saves and earned 3 points

He had a fine season last year. He's still not a good goalkeeper and people are taking issue with "I wouldn't be opposed to him being the first choice". I would be opposed. Greatly.

I wouldn't be opposed out of the current batch, Darlows been making a few too many mistakes recently but I'd like a new keeper in the summer (if we go up), neither of them are prem standard

• 2 months later...