Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I haven't seen it, but god forbid Elliot makes a howler one week. He'll be crucified. Poor bloke.

Imagine if he made a decent save once. It's pretty tough to actually imagine that, but at least try.

He made one yesterday like.

We’re not allowed to talk about that though because some bloke once said that he loves Pardew so he has to be blamed for everything and we have to hate him!!!

Very sad but thankfully this weird witchhunt only exists on this forum.

I haven't seen it, but god forbid Elliot makes a howler one week. He'll be crucified. Poor bloke.

Imagine if he made a decent save once. It's pretty tough to actually imagine that, but at least try.

We’re not allowed to talk about that though because some bloke once said that he loves Pardew so he has to be blamed for everything and we have to hate him!!!

He is a pretty terrible keeper though.

There is no doubt that he’s very average but he’s nowhere near as bad as mentioned on here and he’s not to blame for barely any of the goals mentioned on here.

I think I had a look recently and he had been blamed by at least one user on here for 90% of our goals conceded. When I’m bored and on my laptop I’ll have a look again but I bet it’s probably similar, if not the same.

On that basis if we had Hugo Lloris in goal, we’d be in the top 4. Speaks volumes about how wrong and pathetic the constant criticism is.

you sure about that?

https://twitter.com/MarkTserkezie/status/934764546958548992

Weird thing to say really, dunno if you are mates with him or something

The internet*

Barely any (if any) criticism of him in the stand for the ‘obvious howlers’ he consistently makes.

I think he was the only player, other than Mitro, who was sung and applauded off the pitch yesterday.

He's made plenty of decent saves this season like. Just silly to pretend otherwise.

There is no doubt that he’s very average but he’s nowhere near as bad as mentioned on here and he’s not to blame for barely any of the goals mentioned on here.

I think I had a look recently and he had been blamed by at least one user on here for 90% of our goals conceded. When I’m bored and on my laptop I’ll have a look again but I bet it’s probably similar, if not the same.

On that basis if we had Hugo Lloris in goal, we’d be in the top 4. Speaks volumes about how wrong and pathetic the constant criticism is.

Depends how you assess keepers really, he doesn't make any obvious highlight reel errors, but at Pl level every single keeper will be at least a decent shot stopper. The metric by which good keepers stand out is movement, positioning, command of area, speed of adjustment. All things he is lacking in.

Let's put it this way, in terms of the rest of the league, where would you rank him? who wouldn't you have over him?

Again, I’m not pretending he’s a PL keeper - I’m merely stating the criticism is way over the top.

According to this forum he is to blame for 90% of the goals we have conceded this season. Staggering that nobody in the footballing world has picked up on these obvious errors that he keeps making.

Let's put it this way, in terms of the rest of the league, where would you rank him? who wouldn't you have over him?

I rate every other keeper apart from Hennessey above him.  Although i'll admit i haven't seen much of Huddersfield's and Brighton's.  Rafa must be fuming this wasn't addressed in the summer.

Depends how you assess keepers really, he doesn't make any obvious highlight reel errors, but at Pl level every single keeper will be at least a decent shot stopper. The metric by which good keepers stand out is movement, positioning, command of area, speed of adjustment. All things he is lacking in.

He's not even a good shot stopper though. Aye, he doesn't make many/any howlers, but he's just not a very good keeper. I would rather a keeper made a howler per season if he was good in the other areas of the game.

When there’s a shot hit to corners do you have any confidence he’ll save it or get a hand on it? How about when he’s got to shuffle across his line to save back post? Answeee is none for me. I love his attitude these days and his commitment but honestly man, he’s also an issue.

Weird could have sworn it was only here he was a bad keeper?

He's been an ever present all season up until today like. Nobody is saying he's good enough but the witchhunt on here with people blaming him for every goal we conceded was getting embarrassing.

Weird could have sworn it was only here he was a bad keeper?

He's been an ever present all season up until today like. Nobody is saying he's good enough but the witchhunt on here with people blaming him for every goal we conceded was getting embarrassing.

Ok

Glad you agree.

I'm not a big Darlow fan but hope he has a blinder so that we never have to see Elliot in goal again and Darlow keeps his place until the cavalry arrives in January.

He'll drop a clanger like he did on his debut against the same opposition, Blob will be back and no cavalry will arrive in January.