Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He was also kicking with his right foot towards the end of the game when he had plenty of time but had to kick it from a back-pass.

He's left footed isn't he?

Yes that was my point, he was using his weaker foot when he could have easily used his left so I think he had a bit of a problem.

He was also kicking with his right foot towards the end of the game when he had plenty of time but had to kick it from a back-pass.

He's left footed isn't he?

Yes that was my point, he was using his weaker foot when he could have easily used his left so I think he had a bit of a problem.

Aye, thought that was what you'd meant. Definitely looked to have a problem in the last 20 minutes.

He was also the reason for their being 5 minutes added time.

He was vociferous about it while they had a player down just after the board went up and Marriner pointed and him and his watch and appeared to tell him that the amount of time he'd wasted farting about over his goal kicks was the reason for the 5 minutes.

Didn't matter in the end.

We must have the most injury-prone keepers in the league, keepers from other teams seem to break consecutive appearance records all the time and are never out of the team, whereas our two spend about a third of the season out injured.

Darlow is fit again now anyway isn't he, so no great problem if Elliott is injured. Darlow was quite highly rated at Forest so could be an improvement if anything.

Call me crazy but I'd like more than one fit goalkeeper in the squad.

That would be nice yes :lol: I was more making the point that it's obviously not too serious if he's playing with it, so we may as well put Darlow in and have semi-injured Elliott on the bench.

Just seen him in the metrocentre with wife and bairn and in laws. He's not fat in the slightest to be fair and does seem a genuinely canny bloke.

He supposedly said something negative about Ben Arfa. That seems to be the main reason he gets the hate on this forum.

In the main, he's done well since he came in, especially since he is playing with an injury.