Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

£100k. :lol:

1982 wants it's transfer fees back.

;D

He's like an incompetent Godfather "I'm gonna make you an off you can't refuse" only it's a Shetland ponies head in the bead because Mike wouldn't shell out for a full size horse.

:spit:

:lol:

I actually laughed out loud. Wonder what we offered for Pieters and Cissokho

Also, I'll be the first person to criticize the typical overreaction.  It's a first offer for a guy who's contract is up in a year who happens to be a reserve for a league 1 team?  Not a particularly laughable bid?

Also, I'll be the first person to criticize the typical overreaction.  It's a first offer for a guy who's contract is up in a year who happens to be a reserve for a league 1 team?  Not a particularly laughable bid?

He's not a reserve.

Also, I'll be the first person to criticize the typical overreaction.  It's a first offer for a guy who's contract is up in a year who happens to be a reserve for a league 1 team?  Not a particularly laughable bid?

First and last offer mind!

"Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.

"The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

Guest WashyGeordie

Saying that... N'Zogbia springs to mind, and if this is the case for Elliot, £100k, then what the fuck did we offer Wigan? £1mil?

"Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.

"The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

£100k. :lol:

1982 wants it's transfer fees back.

;D

He's like an incompetent Godfather "I'm gonna make you an off you can't refuse" only it's a Shetland ponies head in the bead because Mike wouldn't shell out for a full size horse.

:spit:

Guest WashyGeordie

OK, so it was a cheeky inquiry.  Shouldn't have been made public.

But we've made it public so it looks like we're doing something.

Probs trying to do the same as Ben Arfa etc.

Trying to make the player unhappy and force a transfer against the clubs will.

OK, so it was a cheeky inquiry.  Shouldn't have been made public.

But we've made it public so it looks like we're doing something.

Probs trying to do the same as Ben Arfa etc.

Trying to make the player unhappy and force a transfer against the clubs will.

Maybe it'll be as successful as the Neil Taylor deal.