Ligue 1

QBG

Should have kept Hatem.

That summer that we sold our two most creative players (Niang, also the best goal scorer in France and Ben Arfa) and spent 18 million on Gignac :suicide: did start a downward spiral.

Tbf, Niang is probably on the way down and it is unlikely that Ben Arfa would ever have fulfilled his potential in France...

but spending 18 million on Gignac is unforgiveable.

Montpellier still top, 2 points clear despite losing 2-1 at Lorient. PSG cocked up their chance to go level on points conceding a late equaliser at bottom club Auxerre.

• 2 weeks later...

Lille win 2-1. PSG were in control until an embarrassing penalty decision by the ref in which he also decided to send off Mamadou Sakho. Lille's second was magnificent though, stupendous delivery from Hazard. Title probably going to Montpellier.

Montpellier don't have the easiest 4 games to end the season: Evian at home, Rennes away, Lille at home and Auxerre away. They definitely won't collect maximum points, but neither will PSG from St. Etienne, Valenciennes, Rennes and Lorient. So with a 5 point advantage with 4 games to go the title is MHSC's to lose. PSG could even finish third behind Lille, which would just be great.

I read somewhere that Joe Cole said that Pardew's been to watch Lille several times. Other than Debuchy he might have been monitoring the 18 year old left-back Digne who has fit in seamlessly into the well-oiled Lille defence this season and was good again today against PSG. Seems very mentally and physically mature for his age. Might be a bit too young, but nonetheless a very promising player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

f*** Montpellier

?

Won Ligue 1. I'm a PSG man, so I'm not happy.

i still can't get my head round this "other club" thing.

There thousands of football clubs in hundreds of countries. You are really limiting yourself if you follow only one, imo. I definitely claim OM and 3SC along with NUFC.

I watch shitloads of football and there's a number of teams I like to see do well for different reasons, or like watching because of certain players.

Would never say I supported any of them though, not even close. When we lose a game it has me fucking gutted for the whole week until the next one.

f*** Montpellier

?

There thousands of football clubs in hundreds of countries. You are really limiting yourself if you follow only one, imo. I definitely claim OM and 3SC along with NUFC.

i support Newcastle because it's where I'm from, if I moved abroad I may form an attachment to my new local team. I couldn't just choose a team to support, I'd be lying to myself.

I watch shitloads of football and there's a number of teams I like to see do well for different reasons, or like watching because of certain players.

Would never say I supported any of them though, not even close. When we lose a game it has me fucking gutted for the whole week until the next one.

Aye, usually for me it's just whoever else I dislike least rather than want to win if that makes sense.

Would never say I supported any of them though, not even close. When we lose a game it has me f***ing gutted for the whole week until the next one.

Aye, usually for me it's just whoever else I dislike least rather than want to win if that makes sense.

it's also quite strange that these people with "other teams" never seem to choose osasuna or valenciennes or chievo.

f*** Montpellier

?

Newcastle will always be my first love and the club I care about the most, but I like having other teams from other countries to follow on the side.