Newcastle vs Fulham - 28/08/11 at 1:00pm (Not on TV)

Fatwax

Best should really start.

Ba looks off the pace and Shola doesn't give you much in terms of movement up front. If we start Sholba up front we're going to just end up hoofing it all day I would guess. At least Best up top alongside one of them gives us another option.

Alternatively we could play Vuckic in the hole, but I doubt that'll happen so Best should get the nod to start.

Journey underway. Love match day, hopefullyt I'll get in with enough time for a pint before the game. Team should be Krul; Simmo, Saylor, Colo, Raylor; Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, Marv; Obertan; Best.

I can see Marveaux coming on as an impact sub as opposed to playing from the start after all those minutes in the league cup thursday night and given he's only just come back/got going.

Will probably be: (assuming Shola's out with a knock)

Krul

Simpson             Taylor(s)        Colo                 Taylor®

Obertan              Cabaye         Tiote                 Jonas

Best               Ba

Yeah I agree, that's the team I think Pardew will send out though, not necessarily what I'd like to see.

I suspect Shola will haul himself off the treatment table to play, as he's done so often in the past. In which case, we could well see the two Ameobis.

Best's level of fitness was impressive on Thursday, but it's asking a lot for him to put in another stint 3 days after playing a very busy 120 minutes.

Yeah I agree, that's the team I think Pardew will send out though, not necessarily what I'd like to see.

Best's level of fitness was impressive on Thursday, but it's asking a lot for him to put in another stint 3 days after playing a very busy 120 minutes.

Agree with this, the guys who came in on Thursday for the whole 120 minutes surely won't be starting: Best, Lovenkrands, Marveaux.

Imagine the line-up will be:

Krul

Simpson - Taylor - Colo - Taylor

Obertan - Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

Ba - Ameobi

Would be surprised if anything else (unless someone has a knock), bench:

Harper, Williamson (if fit), Marveaux, Gosling, Best, Sameobi/Vuckic/Abeid.

Personally, I wouldn't put Smith on the bench, he didn't make the bench for the two league games, and I'd hope that Lovelyhands was too tired from his running on Thursday to miss this lunchtime KO.

EDIT: If Shola is injured then it's quite possible we'll stick Ba up front with Jonas and Obertan either side and drop Gosling into the middle.

I know this is slightly off topic, i have bought tickets online for this match but they have not come in the post, tried ringing the box office but they are just ... :facepalm:

Should i just print off my reference number and receipt and take it to the box office today?

I'd like to think that if it's all very pedestrian and heading for a drab draw, the likes of Marveaux or Sammy might be able to spice things up second half. Be great to get a win here going into the international break. Particularly interested to see how Obertan gets on today.

Ba really needs to make an impression here. 4 games into the season now and he hasn't looked like scoring. He needs to pull his finger out otherwise he could soon find himself down the pecking order with Shola, Sammy, Best and new guy all ahead of him.

I just hope that we can try to get out of the blocks quick in this game, it is our first home game of the season against a team you would expect us to beat, hope we push forward early doors and get the crowd going... :snod:

Krul

Simpson  Saylor        Colo      Raylor

Vuckic              Tiote              Jonas

Cabaye

Best        Lovenkrands

I hope we don't see Lovenkrands today, my eyes will bleed if he's playing.  Today is the third match of the season and I don’t expect to see us hoofing the ball up every time we get it.  We had a shit pre-season but that doesn’t apply now and our staff have had enough games to do something about our style of play.