Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Bellend from work was going on about Santon saying he would have stayed at Inter if Ranieri had joined earlier or some bollocks ???

Was trying to make a big deal of it, cock!

He'd read this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3866453/Davide-Santon-admits-he-may-have-stayed-at-Inter-Milan.html

Davide Santon admits he may have stayed at Inter Milan

Published: Today

DAVIDE SANTON admits he might not have joined Newcastle if Claudio Ranieri had got the Inter Milan job earlier.

The left-back is finally set for his Toon debut against Spurs on Sunday after a knee injury.

He said "Gian Piero Gasperini left me out. If Ranieri had arrived before, perhaps I'd have stayed."

Yes, that's a whole 53 word article.

Right back.

Thanks... Still believe he's only our short term LB solution if at all... Would be interesting if he kept faith with Raylor until January and dropped Simpson for him... Though AP seems to refer to him as a LB than a FB which is a little worrying still..

Will be interesting if AP sticks with an unbeaten team against Spurs as he has suggested so far... Especially as their wide attacking options seemed to be prodominately down the left via Bale with Lennon being out... Looking forward to the match up... Should be a great test...

Those inter comments sound like nothing but I still think we need to help this lad settle in. Italian speaker who's meant to be a real hometown boy based on some articles. When he gets his first game in the PL I hope we show him some love

Those inter comments sound like nothing but I still think we need to help this lad settle in. Italian speaker who's meant to be a real hometown boy based on some articles. When he gets his first game in the PL I hope we show him some love

I reckon he'll get a very good reception. Even if only for not being Ryan Taylor.

Exactly, in an ideal world I'd imagine he'd have loved to stay at Inter (a massive club in his home country, playing in Champions League regularly etc) and has moved to us to get out of a bit of a rut that he was suffering under his old management. But he's here now and I'm sure once he starts playing, and hopefully we're doing well, then he'll settle in fine.

We just don't really spend money on non-essential players so unless we sell Simpson for £7m or so I highly doubt we will sign Pieters/Cissohko (or however the fuck you spell it) to shift Santon to right back.

Santon has been signed as a left back, deal with it ffs! :lol:

Watch him start at right back on Sunday... :lol: