Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Paxton

One of his best performances so far from me. Looks to be the business. 

Like Wickham, one for the future

A disciplined performance from Davide today. His best defensive display by far.

Well done lad :thup:

Toss up between today and against the mancs for me, he was great in the 3-0 aswell pretty much had Nani in his pocket showed more attacking threat that night too.

It seems he puts in good defensive performance when he knows he has to, just a matter of getting those performances consistently while taking little if nothing at all away from his attacking game.

A disciplined performance from Davide today. His best defensive display by far.

Well done lad :thup:

Toss up between today and against United for me, he was great in the 3-0 aswell pretty much had Nani in his pocket showed more attacking threat that night too.

It seems he puts in good defensive performance when he knows he has to, just a matter of getting those performances consistently while taking little if nothing at all away from his attacking game.

Not again ffs! :knuppel2:

against man utd he was fantastic, done it all, cant understand peoiple classing yesterday alongside that, good performance as it was.

For me, in the last month or so, Santon has been a bit meh defensively (down to his positioning really) so to see him do so well in that aspect today was a really good/encouraging thing to see.

against man utd he was fantastic, done it all, cant understand peoiple classing yesterday alongside that, good performance as it was.

For me, in the last month or so, Santon has been a bit meh defensively (down to his positioning really) so to see him do so well in that aspect today was a really good/encouraging thing to see.

his positioning has been ok. the lack of covering has been atrocious. good job simpson knows his place lest it would happen on both flanks. today he never really got forward so no covering was needed.

his positioning has been ok. the lack of covering has been atrocious. good job simpson knows his place lest it would happen on both flanks. today he never really got forward so no covering was needed.

For me, he still needs a bit of work on his positioning and today was a step in the right direction. This lad is going to be great, that I'm confident of.

Guest Shaun

Oh ffs iam learning iam actually from London and supported Toon since i was 4 ( dont ask why) and no one brings it up down here  :lol:

I'll try to remember for now on  :facepalm:

Glory hunter.

Oh ffs iam learning iam actually from London and supported Toon since i was 4 ( dont ask why) and no one brings it up down here  :lol:

I'll try to remember for now on  :facepalm:

Glory hunter.

Glory Hunter? if that was the case would'nt i have f*cked off when we got relegated lol? i have supported Newcastle for 18 years cant see the glory hunting in there tbh  :laugh:

Thought he did a good job on Friday, really disciplined, maybe Pardew and assistants working on him. First time he seemed to fit in with the tactics (In fact most the players seemed to know their role)

Guest Dontooner

Had another Solid game today, looking to be a no nonsense defender. Pretty sure he could fill Simpson boots at right back now.