Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Probably our player of the season.  But positionally he's been all over the shop in the last two games and I think he's been a bit crap in general TBH.

Nope not player of the season imo. Been poor for awhile. He & Colo often concede goals on that side.

I thought he had a brilliant first 10 games or so.  It's only in the last 2-3 games I've noticed him getting caught out a lot more.  Although his defending and positioning has always left a lot to be desired in fairness, I thought it had come on a lot. 

We've not really had any standout performers bar HBA and Ba.  I think HBA has had some shockers though and Ba is fucking infuriating with his constant turning into trouble, running into blind alleys and scuffing the ball along the deck from 30 yards.

We're hardly spoilt for choice!

Anything is an upgrade on our left side, that doesn't mean we literally need to sign anything, we need genuine quality (Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa quality).

Which in our current situation and time of year we won't get unless we pay extortionate prices for and even then we'll struggle as players won't want to come to a team in a relegation battle.

We're apparently in advance talks with Loic Remy. If that turns out to be shit there are still plenty more options out there.

I wouldn't exactly be opposed to signing Downing for the right price, I would just expect him to be at least 2nd choice which leaves him in a similar place to that he's in at Liverpool.

We're apparently in advance talks with Loic Remy. If that turns out to be shit there are still plenty more options out there.

I wouldn't exactly be opposed to signing Downing for the right price, I would just expect him to be at least 2nd choice which leaves him in a similar place to that he's in at Liverpool.

To be fair though, i've never heard of Loic Remy and don't know where he plays or anything. Downing has a premier league track record, wouldn't need time to settle in the country/area or league etc unlike someone from abroad.

Guest icemanblue

To be fair though, i've never heard of Loic Remy and don't know where he plays or anything. Downing has a premier league track record, wouldn't need time to settle in the country/area or league etc unlike someone from abroad.

He's hindered by the fact he's absolute pony, like. Serioously, have you seen him play at all recently? Pretty sure he has about one assist in his whole time at Liverpool. :lol:

He's hindered by the fact he's absolute pony, like. Serioously, have you seen him play at all recently? Pretty sure he has about one assist in his whole time at Liverpool. :lol:

He's hardly played for Rodgers though has he?

Guest icemanblue

He's hardly played for Rodgers though has he?

What's your point? He was shocking under Dalglish and hasn't done enough for Rodgers to be considered a starter.