Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest firetotheworks

I didn't say he was automatically better. He just is. I love Santon like, but howeh. In fact don't. I can't be arsed. :lol:

Balotelli is overrated to all hell i'm not one to go on about Balo because he's Johnny Foreigner and thus he's rubbish but seriously even his talent is not as good as some people go on.

He's not even the best Italian striker around at the moment for me.

I'm not :lol:

Why is he automatically better because he's a striker playing for Man City?

He is inconsistent as anything.

Mario is a luxury only Man City can afford. He couldn't get sent off every 6 games for another club, or be stroppy during games to the point he could be replaced with a Dzeko or a Tevez after 30 minutes.

He's a talent, sure - but a massive unreliable brat. Santon is a man. And what a man. *insert old spice advert here*

Balotelli is overrated to all hell i'm not one to go on about Balo because he's Johnny Foreigner and thus he's rubbish but seriously even his talent is not as good as some people go on.

http://u.goal.com/213900/213937hp2.jpg

I'm not :lol:

Why is he automatically better because he's a striker playing for Man City?

He is inconsistent as anything.

Mario is a luxury only Man City can afford. He couldn't get sent off every 6 games for another club, or be stroppy during games to the point he could be replaced with a Dzeko or a Tevez after 30 minutes.

He's a talent, sure - but a massive unreliable brat. Santon is a man. And what a man. *insert old spice advert here*

Not many teams could afford to have a footballer allergic to grass ffs :lol:

http://u.goal.com/213900/213937hp2.jpg

:snod: there's a few others who are debatable too IMO.

Fell in love with him quite early into his career here. His improvement since he joined is wonderful, from looking pretty shacky at the start of last season to becoming pretty solid towards the end of it, and now is consistently one of our best players. Hope it continues and he can grab a goal or two before the end of the season.

Guest hydeous

Love that he's now getting shots off from the edge of the box after cutting in. I'd like to see him add more to his game though. Maybe slip Cisse in instead of shooting, maybe jink back outside and put a ball in across the face of the goal. I'm sure he'll be adding all this to his game over the next couple of seasons. Great to see him develop like he has. Super player, can't wait for his first goal.

Not to beat the same old drum hydeous, but there is precious little movement about him when he goes on those runs a lot of the time. If you think about how many men he ends up dragging inside, if he could reverse a ball out wide to a re-overlapping attacking forward on our left, think of the room they'd have!

Anyway, I'm hoping we build on Wigan and our players start to be a bit braver in their movement.

Guest hydeous

You're right, Beren. Just realised he hardly ever has 'help' when he goes on those runs. I really like the way Baines plays those 1-2's with one of the midfielders when he makes his runs and takes a shot. Santon does it all himself!

You're right, Beren. Just realised he hardly ever has 'help' when he goes on those runs. I really like the way Baines plays those 1-2's with one of the midfielders when he makes his runs and takes a shot. Santon does it all himself!

:thup:

Baines is class. His off-the-ball runs are fucking sensational in all honesty.

Baines never had that understanding at Santon age either i'm sure Santon will grow and develop that understanding as he goes on.

Although i think it would help if Santon had someone else in front of him on the left side who actually you can link up effectively with because lets be honest Jonas isn't the best partner as far as movement and linking up goes.

He's light years behind Pienaar for example.