Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I said earlier in this thread that his issue is a lack of urgency- both in attack and defence.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be suited to English football because of that.

Haidara on the other hand, while a lesser player, is far more dynamic and better suited. As we're playing for f*** all now, I'd give Haidara the rest of the season and move santon on in the summer.

Is he though I'm not so sure about that and deserves to be given a run to find out. If he is a lesser payer, then we are not in a good position.

I've said most of the season though that I don't rate him. Lazy cross field passes that almost get cut out, poor positioning and fuck all in the final third. I guess today may have amplified all I these problems in my mind but he does my tits in. At least Haidara looks like he can cross a ball.

Guest Roger Kint

I've said most of the season though that I don't rate him. Lazy cross field passes that almost get cut out, poor positioning and fuck all in the final third. I guess today may have amplified all I these problems in my mind but he does my tits in. At least Haidara looks like he can cross a ball.

Technically he is awful. Rarely even kicks it well never mind his dubious defensive qualities at times

Technically he is awful. Rarely even kicks it well never mind his dubious defensive qualities at times

I disagree, he carries the ball quite well and is comfortable on the ball. But he does nothing with it at the end of the day except cut inside and pass it sideways. So ultimately he's not much use at either end of the pitch, but he's ok in the middle.

Guest Roger Kint

I disagree, he carries the ball quite well and is comfortable on the ball. But he does nothing with it at the end of the day except cut inside and pass it sideways. So ultimately he's not much use at either end of the pitch, but he's ok in the middle.

So the actual point in where he requires some form of technique(or technical ability if you will) he suffers? Yeah thats not disagreeing like :lol:

Krul should have dropped the soft little cunt.

Agreed. Second goal was entirely preventable if Santon had just used his fucking left foot instead of trying to put it on his right.

Was even more preventable if Steven Taylor had done his job properly.

well pardew can drop him now - and taylor and shola. nowt to play for and we're unlikely to get relegated so grow some balls and try something different. I'd even a reserve team striker than shola.

I said earlier in this thread that his issue is a lack of urgency- both in attack and defence.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be suited to English football because of that.

Haidara on the other hand, while a lesser player, is far more dynamic and better suited. As we're playing for f*** all now, I'd give Haidara the rest of the season and move santon on in the summer.

He plays like a lazy winger. I've said before I hate his 'passive' style. He's the type if man to cruise through life without great effort or determination. I said against City he was the only one that didn't rise or seem heated after the disallowed goal.  'Tempo' or urgency - he has none. I've never seen him out in a tough tackle. I missed the game but I know what to expect of a Santon performance.

Those flat chipped crosses are embarrassing. He's not the only one who attempts them mind, they're a long standing theme of our game.

That was the worst aspect of our game today.

Dummett got beyond his man twice today and fizzed it across the area, one won a corner and the other a scramble which could have gone anywhere. That's what I would prefer to see more often than not; the fucking chipped back stick crosses should be summat like one in every eight or nine to mix it up a bit.

Krul should have dropped the soft little cunt.

Agreed. Second goal was entirely preventable if Santon had just used his fucking left foot instead of trying to put it on his right.

Was even more preventable if Steven Taylor had done his job properly.

Definitely. Was like watching Danny Simpson mk2.

Pure drivel. Might as well not have a def there. Never looked around to see who was behind him...Just jogging back as he usually does. I've never actually ever seen him run back at full pace. Loves himself and now to make things worse hanging around dead ball situations. Barely kick a ball straight. Haidara for me now - all the way.

Him and Krul squared up?

Yeah, Krul was fuming. Never seen him as mad as that before

Krul often bawls out his defenders. I wish he'd cut it out, and concentrate more on his own game, which has slipped a bit.