Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Check out his clip playing for Inter v Spurs last year, he looks tricky but always cuts back onto his right peg.

Looks like a good buy but probably more of a utility player, doesn't look the solution to our left back situation long term to me though.

He is our left back, like.

Check out his clip playing for Inter v Spurs last year, he looks tricky but always cuts back onto his right peg.

Looks like a good buy but probably more of a utility player, doesn't look the solution to our left back situation long term to me though.

No, he's a player we're potentially signing who can play left back, as well as right back and right wing from the video clips I've seen of him.

No, he's a player we're potentially signing who can play left back, as well as right back and right wing from the video clips I've seen of him.

He'll be our left back though.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

He'll be our left back though.

I think he will be too but the club will probably look to get Ferguson in there and put Santon at RB when they can. Then i reckon the plan will be to pick up a good LB when one becomes available at the 'right' price in the future.

Isn't M'Bengue meant to be out of contract next summer?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yes but he has been signed to replace Enrique.

People are so hung up on what foot he uses, but it's not a video game!

The guy played numerous games at left back at friggin Inter, and was hugely rated off of these performances.

Chill out! He is fine either side.

The guy played numerous games at left back at friggin Inter, and was hugely rated off of these performances.

it's just about balance mate, that's all, and especially if you've got jonas ahead of him the other team pretty much know what they need to do to stop us down the left.

he looks really comfortable on the ball though, him and ben arfa down the left is potentially incredible.

Bizarre, isn't it? He made his name as a left back yet people are pissing themselves over which is his favoured foot.

Finally some sense!

:thup:

it's just about balance mate, that's all, and especially if you've got jonas ahead of him the other team pretty much know what they need to do to stop us down the left.

he looks really comfortable on the ball though, him and ben arfa down the left is potentially incredible.

It's not that straight forward at all. You can't just say because they're both left footed the other team knows exactly how to stop them. Disagree completely.

Just did a bit YT scouting... Oh dear... How right footed is he!... Heavy touch as well... Good recovery pace and height though... Would be happy if he turns out to be our RB... not so if to be our new LB... Hope I'm wrong... Still think we need to pay Lyon another visit...

It's not that straight forward at all. You can't just say because they're both left footed the other team knows exactly how to stop them. Disagree completely.

the other team knows which way they're gonna go 9 times out of 10, and that they'll be running into traffic rather than space. i'm not saying it wont work, i'm not saying we wont have a good left flank, i'm saying we'll have a more predictable one and that's a bad thing imo.

considering the state of simpson's early form, that raylor's been scoring and that santon looks very attacking i'd perhaps be tempted just to put him in at rb with Jonas ahead of him and make our right hand side what our left was last year.

the other team knows which way they're gonna go 9 times out of 10, and that they'll be running into traffic rather than space. i'm not saying it wont work, i'm not saying we wont have a good left flank, i'm saying we'll have a more predictable one and that's a bad thing imo.

Everything depends on his pace and technique..If you are useless with the ball, like Simpson, it will be a disaster putting him on left back..But from what I've seen from Santon he's fast and is capable of going both ways..It's his skills that makes him unpredictable, not his preferred fot..

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5762-Davide-Santon/page105&s=7f5b8da714aa8fbc5070b551441d1bb4

Undoubtedly one of the greatest sports tragedy of a young player in club's history. Such an unworthy ending.

Apparently he makes his last medical test and afterwards he will sign for fucking Newcastle. Hopefully there is a buy-back-clause, otherwise I'm going to puke all over this place

give santon out clause for 6 mil to newcastle, and make both muntari and mariga loan-out with 5-6 m on redemption to some club..

what a clever movement, then 2-3 years later santon price : 15-25 M, then muntari and mariga will end up their contract with inter, and go for free..

welldone

:aww:

Everything depends on his pace and technique..If you are useless with the ball, like Simpson, it will be a disaster putting him on left back..But from what I've seen from Santon he's fast and is capable of going both ways..It's his skills that makes him unpredictable, not his preferred fot..

have you played much football? as a defender?

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5762-Davide-Santon/page105&s=7f5b8da714aa8fbc5070b551441d1bb4

Undoubtedly one of the greatest sports tragedy of a young player in club's history. Such an unworthy ending.

Apparently he makes his last medical test and afterwards he will sign for fucking Newcastle. Hopefully there is a buy-back-clause, otherwise I'm going to puke all over this place

give santon out clause for 6 mil to newcastle, and make both muntari and mariga loan-out with 5-6 m on redemption to some club..

what a clever movement, then 2-3 years later santon price : 15-25 M, then muntari and mariga will end up their contract with inter, and go for free..

welldone

:aww:

that made me laugh, i know how he feels