Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest CheickMansour

Cabaye needs a full season to bed in?

Considering what he's like now, going by your logic, we've got a calculated footballing cyborg on our hands.

:lol:

5 Live reporting the medical now as well

Same with SSN.

Well hopefully we have LB sorted, now what about RM and a striker?

Covered in midfield. Dreamland if you think we're going to get another midfielder.

The problem with midfield at the moment (Ben Arfa out, Gosling needing time to develop a bit more) is that centrally we have Tiote and Cabaye. Tiote is a defensive/holding midfielder, Cabaye is box to box but needs time to settle in English football (about a season to fully find himself I would imagine), and even though Jonas and Obertan are good runners they just can't put the ball in the box. Jonas against Fuham got to the goal line, turned back and was asking where the f*** is Enrique to put this cross in and Obertan had to cut back in centrally. At the moment in midfield we have no one who I'm fully confident can put the ball in the box, though I think with time Cabaye, Obertan, Gosling will all be able to do this, and of course Ben Arfa will when he comes back.

I'd add Vuckic to that list as well.

Yeah thats a good shout. however like I said though they all need a little time to develop this, and at the moment their isn't anyone in our midfield who Iwould be confident in being able to put the ball into the box, Ben Arfa aside that is.

Arrrrgggghhhhhhh! It's Sunday all over again!

Mourinho had said: “Santon is simply a phenomenon.

“At Inter we knew he could play against almost any team in Serie A.

“He is the type of player who could become the new Maldini or Zanetti over the next few years, I am sure of that.

“He needs a manager who can stand by him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/30/davide-santon-jets-in-for-talks-on-5m-deal-72703-29325956/#ixzz1WabyxhR7

:ken:

Good news. But I sincerely hope this doesn't break down once personal terms are discussed. You'd like to think we've got some notion that Santon will fit into our wage structure. Need another central defefender, we've only got 3 recognised players who can play there I think.

wonder when we realised he was available and cheaper than the other options we were going for

By all accounts, several of the players we've gone for have had the move put on hold while their current club confirm a replacement.

Swings and roundabouts.

Good news. But I sincerely hope this doesn't break down once personal terms are discussed. You'd like to think we've got some notion that Santon will fit into our wage structure. Need another central defefender, we've only got 3 recognised players who can play there I think.

There's something in the Chronicle today about Kadar.  He makes four but obviously injuries are a worry.

Aren't personal terms normally agreed first?

As others have said, worried by our lack of options at centre back now.

Guest icemanblue

What's with all the title change requests, man? :lol:

You're in the thread, you know what's happening. Why does the title need to be changed?! :lol: