Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

:lol: Exactly

If he signs and the title isn't changed then it obviously hasn't happened yet.

I'm excited. Let's hope nothing comes in the way and we can complete the signing today. I'll be honest: I've actually been more worried about our LB situation than our ST situation because Ba is a serviceable striker, whereas playing without a natural LB leaves us completely unbalanced. Signing Santon enables us to have two natural FBs with him on the left and Simpson on the right, or him on the right and Ferguson on the left.

:lol: I especially don't get it when people seem to get genuinely radged about it.

I'm not raged about it. I just thought saying he is having a medical in the thread title would separate this thread from the likes of Gervinho and Gameiro threads where it was just saying reports. It's now been confirmed he's having a medical. I imagine theirs plenty of people on this forum who won't be reading this thread because they see it as more false hope and complete bollocks.

He has a chance to be better than Enrique. From what I've seen and the general reports, he's probably worse than Cissokho and Pieters at the moment, but the potential is massive: like many managers and coaches have said, he could be a Maldini/Zanetti type. He could end up being the best of the lot because the other two are about to enter their prime whereas this kid is still 20.

Steady on, big lad. I never said you did. But we've seen many a 'thread title update ffs' on these boards in the last few weeks.

Just saying, incase anyone thought I was getting my knickers in a twist. I hope I wasn't giving that impression, mainly because I don't wear knickers.  :shifty:

He has a chance to be better than Enrique. From what I've seen and the general reports, he's probably worse than Cissokho and Pieters at the moment, but the potential is massive: like many managers and coaches have said, he could be a Maldini/Zanetti type. He could end up being the best of the lot because the other two are about to enter their prime whereas this kid is still 20.

Wtf are we doing signing him?  :lol:

Huge move for us, still he's no Phil Bardsley.

Top work @JonPijnen_TV picking up exclusive shots of Davide Santon leaving his Newcastle hotel this morning. Headed for medical now #nufc

we need those shots to build up a ben arfa style hype again :)

Still fully expect this to go tits up somehow.

That's probably because you have deep seated emotional issues, and I suggest you seek psychological help.

:razz:

From what I've seen in videos, he has excellent balance. He has a big presence for a young'un and I can see him developing into a cracking player.

Time will tell but I'm glad we're even looking at him, letalone getting him (potentially) signed.

Check out his clip playing for Inter v Spurs last year, he looks tricky but always cuts back onto his right peg.

Looks like a good buy but probably more of a utility player, doesn't look the solution to our left back situation long term to me though.

Check out his clip playing for Inter v Spurs last year, he looks tricky but always cuts back onto his right peg.

Looks like a good buy but probably more of a utility player, doesn't look the solution to our left back situation long term to me though.

Eh? He's a twenty year old left back