Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Rome after him as well

He will go there to stay in home country if he had the choice i think.

Surely that would be the logical move for him, as well as Roma more likely to get into Europe and pay better wages.

We've just crashed out of the Europa League and this year it may be difficult to qualify for the Champions League..  :angry: But after Riise left we signed Jose Angel, and with Cicinho on loan for the last 2 seasons, Cassetti getting older, he would probably fit right in at right back

Cheaper option than buying Pieters/Cissokho and not his natural position. Fucking joke and it sums this lot up.

If they prove me wrong and bring this lad in as a RB an buy one of the others I'll hold me hands up.

Pinched from Toontastic. Paolo Bandini's article on Davide Santon. Sorry if a giggs

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2011/04/05/bandini-davide-santons-fall-from-stardom/

Interesting. It explains why he's going so cheap. This could be Ashley's love of a gamble again.

The article makes the point that he hasn't dealt well with criticism and in Italy, the fans can get on players' backs very quickly. That's not exactly an unknown problem at our club, or indeed elsewhere in England.

I've not seen the player so I can't say, but this kind of dip is often a feature of a young player's career. It could be a gamble worth taking.

OOOMG I LOVE THIS CLUB AGAIN! I'm pretty sure we're not signing him for left back anyway.

Santon Collo Taylor Pieters/Cissokho

Obertan Tiote Cabaye Gutierrez

Ba     Best/New Striker

Is quite wanktastic.

OOOMG I LOVE THIS CLUB AGAIN! I'm pretty sure we're not signing him for left back anyway.

Santon Collo Taylor Pieters/Cissokho

Obertan Tiote Cabaye Gutierrez

Ba    Best/New Striker

Is quite wanktastic.

More chance of plaiting snot.

Guest CheickMansour

Pinched from Toontastic. Paolo Bandini's article on Davide Santon. Sorry if a giggs

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2011/04/05/bandini-davide-santons-fall-from-stardom/

Interesting. It explains why he's going so cheap. This could be Ashley's love of a gamble again.

The article makes the point that he hasn't dealt well with criticism and in Italy, the fans can get on players' backs very quickly. That's not exactly an unknown problem at our club, or indeed elsewhere in England.

I've not seen the player so I can't say, but this kind of dip is often a feature of a young player's career. It could be a gamble worth taking.

I'd agree with that. Given his apparent inability to take criticism, we will need to be more careful than with other young players. But if we ease him in slowly and avoid exposing him to too much pressure too soon, then his natural talent could shine through.

On top of that, Pardew is known as being pretty keen on positive psychology and the like, so there's a possibility that - although Santon seems to have a weak mentality - he could be 'fixed' a bit. In that sense, I think this could turn out to be a good match after all.

Can't help but feel there's a lot of delusion going around about this possible signing, and where we'd be buying him for if true. The Pieters 'deal' sounds dead, just as it's being reported we've agreed this fee. We wait and see, but it seems to me that Santon would be the left back and the fact he can cover other positions is merely a bonus. I'm sure he's the one we really wanted rather than simply being the cheapest...

Can't help but feel there's a lot of delusion going around about this possible signing, and where we'd be buying him for if true. The Pieters 'deal' sounds dead, just as it's being reported we've agreed this fee. We wait and see, but it seems to me that Santon would be the left back and the fact he can cover other positions is merely a bonus. I'm sure he's the one we really wanted rather than simply being the cheapest...

Cheapest out of what?  There's plenty of LBs out there for under £5m.  Cheapest out of a shortlist, fair enough, but its hardly the worst thing in the world.

AnthonySAF Anthony Wright  

Santon's agent - "At the moment there is no chance of Santon signing for Roma. At the moment the objective is Newcastle" #nufc #asroma

Whos Anthony Wright?

He's a Roma fan, but it is irrelevant. The quotes from Santon's agent are real.