Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

If we sign Santon I would like to play him on the right and get Van Aanholt or Bridge in on loan for the left back position.

Eh? Care to expand on that point? :)

It seems Santon is right footed and can play on either side so right back would probably be his more natural position. Just going by what people are saying in this thread.

If we sign santon as a left back, Jonas has to be out if the team.

What??

Two right footers on the left isn't good at all. See yesterday where moves kept breaking down on the left because of this.

Guest daveaha

If we sign santon as a left back, Jonas has to be out if the team.

What??

In contrary I think Jonas will pair with Santon nicely, like Enrique partnership in the past.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Corriere dello Sport reckon #Inter's Davide Santon is "thinking seriously" about a move to #Newcastle, but wages might be a sticking point.

Not done by any means!

Guest ShearerWHC

Santon had a good impact three years ago when he was used as an emergency replacement for Chivu as LB, although being a RB in the Primavera squad. Since then he has been atrocious, he was publicly criticized by Mourinho because of his effort in training and he looked very conceited.

Last year Benitez hardly let him play, so he was loaned out to Cesena, but even there (a very weak team) he was used as a LB sub for Lauro (very poor player).

The fact that he is apparently going either  to Newcastle or to Roma, the two teams i support, makes me sick. Actually, if he grew up he would be a good player, the problem is that he has always looked like a c**t.

I'd prefer Shane Ferguson to play as a LB and get experience, to be honest, rather than Santon

(p.s. I'm Italian, so please be lenient with my english writing)

Santon had a good impact three years ago when he was used as an emergency replacement for Chivu as LB, although being a RB in the Primavera squad. Since then he has been atrocious, he was publicly criticized by Mourinho because of his effort in training and he looked very conceited.

Last year Benitez hardly let him play, so he was loaned out to Cesena, but even there (a very weak team) he was used as a LB sub for Lauro (very poor player).

The fact that he is apparently going either  to Newcastle or to Roma, the two teams i support, makes me sick. Actually, if he grew up he would be a good player, the problem is that he has always looked like a c**t.

I'd prefer Shane Ferguson to play as a LB and get experience, to be honest, rather than Santon

Happy dayz

Back down to Earth, for now at least.