Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Right, not the quickest but defensively very sound and positionally very good. Had some issues with Mourinho - some ego issues iirc. Capped for Italy a few times and two years ago everyone said that he's the future national team captain. Don't know what's happened to him since.

The only thing I'm worried about is his average pace, but maybe he's become quicker and stronger since he first broke through.

Had him on FM maybe 3/4 years ago,always imagined he was black. played a very good attacking/full back role, physical, lets hope we sign him, this fake black man was class

Having a player who's comfortable on either side would be very useful given our current fullback situation, seems this lad was very highly thought of not long ago too.

Would be happy to see him brought in.

I think there's a chance that we play him at RB and Ferguson at LB. It depends on whether ferguson is better at LB than Simpson at RB.

I'd rather he just played at left back. Ferguson is too small for a fullback.

Great to have any form of progress towards getting a new LB.

Haven't seen him play much but based on tube clips(aplenty), here's some observations.

- Agile and mobile, likes to run at players

- Passing/Decision-making leaves a lot to be desired

- Needs to bulk up, barged off balance easily.

- Looks more comfortable on the right

All in all, not a patch on Enrique YET, but happy to have a new LB, happy to give him a chance.

Santon and Pieters would be a nice pair to pick up, in theory.

Gives us much better options/depth in the event of injuries with Pieters having the ability to play both LB and CB and Santon comfortable in either fullback position.

Rome after him as well

He will go there to stay in home country if he had the choice i think.

Surely that would be the logical move for him, as well as Roma more likely to get into Europe and pay better wages.

Guest MrSundlofer

IF we sign a striker and a left back... can Davide Santon be the replacement for Joey Barton?.. = He's versatility and can play at right back, left back, right midfield and left midfield.

Davide Santon fee to #nufc has been agreed. 5m. Feel excited Magpie supporters, you've acquired a potential star in the making.

web • 29/08/2011 03:

Guillem balligue

That's a fake Guillem mate.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Davide Santon fee to #nufc has been agreed. 5m. Feel excited Magpie supporters, you've acquired a potential star in the making.

web • 29/08/2011 03:

Guillem balligue

That's a fake Guillem mate.

Correct

I'll delete

Would be opposed to having a right footed left back with a right footed left winger in front on a regular basis as it reduces the fluidity of the side which really caused problems in the first half with our passing.